Chapter 22

Here I am, watching Kelsi help me to curl my long dark hair, creating gorgeous waves, through the slightly stained mirror.

With the "perfect" dress on, Kelsi was finishing the last touch of my look.

"Done," she said to me and herself, giving me a smile. "You look absolutely amazing Shai," she commented, sincerity lacing her voice as she placed her hands on my shoulders.

I blushed a little at her compliment.

"Aww thanks Kels," I said, smiling at her reflection. "What can I do without you?"

"Not make up and your hair for sure!" She joked, and the both of us broke into laughter.

"But really, thank you Kelsi."

Behind me, I heard someone pushed open the door. I whipped my head around to see mum standing by the door.

She was dressed in a long plain black dress with a deep v cut at the front, with some crystals adorning the side of her waist. Her bright green eyes stood out and shoulder length ash blonde hair was tied up into a neat bun, with a few stray pieces falling out.

"Hey girls," she greeted before her eyes landed on me. "Oh darling Shailey, you look gorgeous."

"Thanks mum," I said with a smile. "Couldn't do it without my personal stylist here," I said with a laugh, gesturing at Kelsi who was standing right behind me.

"Thank you Kelsi," mum said and gave her a light pat on her shoulder. "Well we should get going soon."

"But Jax is not here yet," I pointed out.

As if on cue, I heard the doorbell rang.

It must be Jax.

I quickly made my way down the stairs, pushing open the door to reveal Jax standing right in front of me.

His lips curled into a smile almost immediately and his eyes landed on mine.

"Wow Shailey. You look absolutely stunning."

"Why thank you Jax. You don't look too shabby yourself," I teased.

Jax was dressed in dark navy tuxedo, wearing a light pink shirt on the inside. He had a navy tie around his neck and his dark hair was pushed back neatly.

"So shall we leave? My dance partner?"

"Hold up guys!" I heard mum said from behind me, making the both of us turn around.

"Yes?"

"You two look amazing. I need to get a picture of this."

"Sure thing Mrs Costello," Jax spoke as he stood closer to me while I stood there like the awkward turtle I am.

"I need the both of you to be closer," mum said, and I already felt my cheeks heating up at the thought of it.

Jax's arm naturally found its way around my waist, placing his hand right there. I felt my heart skipped a beat at his touch, making me feel butterflies in my stomach.

"Okay that's nice! Look over here!" Mum exclaimed and I felt Jax pulled me closer to him instantly while Kelsi who was standing at the stairs watched with a smirk on her face.

"1...2...3!" With wide smiles on our faces, the camera clicked and the flash blinded me momentarily.

I felt a wave of disappointment once Jax no longer had his arm around my waist. How I wish we could stay like this forever. But it couldn't and it won't.