Chapter 41

"Hey girlfriend," Jax greeted with one of the brightest smiles as he leaned in to give me a small peck on my cheek, which drive me crazy.

"Hey boyfriend," I greeted back, as I wrapped my arm around his. "What are you up to?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him as a smirk morphed itself onto his lips.

"What? Can't I hang out with my girlfriend?" He retorted with an innocent smile, clearly emphasising the word 'girlfriend'. When I didn't answer, he continued, "I heard you injured yourself during gym class. Is that true?" His smile faded and was replaced with a small frown.

"It's nothing, I just fell and scrapped my knee a little," I informed, thinking about how I tripped over a flat surface while trying to run to where the soccer ball was during gym class.

Jax looked at me, his chocolate brown eyes filled with concern and worry.

"Are you sure? Let me see it," he demanded, gesturing to my knee.

I stopped and lifted my right leg up a little, high enough for Jax to look. I held onto Jax's shoulder as I struggled to balance with only my left leg firmly on the ground.

"See, they put a bandage over it," I told him as I pointed to the bandage. "Anyway, it's fine. It doesn't even hurt that much," I quickly said in case he gets worry again.

He bent down a little and gently put his finger over the bandage, pressing gently onto it. I bit my lower lip as pain surge through my entire leg, just a little to make me squirm.

I tried so hard to hold back my scream and to refrain myself from lashing out at Jax for doing that on purpose.

"It's obviously not fine," he mumbled to himself as his eyebrows furrowed together.

"That's cause you press into it," I told him, rolling my eyes. "Otherwise it's fine," I added and continued walking forward to show him it's no big deal.

"You are limping," he pointed out.

Why does he notice everything?

"No I'm not," I insisted, turning around to face him with my arms crossed.

"Yes you are."

He started walking towards me, then all of a sudden, he stopped right in front of me and squatted down with his back facing me.

"What are you doing?" I asked, confused. "Are you trying to shit in the middle of the nowhere?" I joked with a small chuckle.

"No Shailey. Get on my back," he demanded as he gestured for me to do so.

I hesitated for a moment.

"I can walk on my own, really."

"If you don't get on my back right now, we won't be getting any pizza together," he threatened.

I thought of giving in, I mean come on it's pizza! I can literally live on pizza. But then the thought of him piggy backing me all the way as people stared at us, wasn't that appealing.

Jax seem to notice my hesitation and inner struggle as he said "Do you want pizza or not?"

I nodded.