Chapter 33

Jax's POV

Josh told me that he wanted to meet me after school at the nearby park.

I thought something was weird since he rarely talked to me but he told me it was something important. He had this serious look on his face, making me want to believe what he was saying but the truth is, I was kind of doubtful of what he was saying.

Despite feeling suspicious, I headed straight to the park once school ended anyway since I had nothing much to do.

As soon as I entered the park, I was greeted by the sound of children's laughter and chatter, the fragrance of the daisies and dancing trees. The sun was shining right above me, burning through my shirt.

I let my eyes scan the surroundings, searching for a blond hair boy named Josh.

Finally, my eyes landed on someone familiar, but it's not Josh.

Instead, I saw Shailey sitting on one of the benches under a big shady tree. I watched how her long dark hair flow in the wind as she looked around frantically with a nervous look on her face.

"Shailey?"

She looked up from her wringing hands immediately and her eyes landed squarely on mine as soon I mumbled her name.

"Hey Jax," she greeted with a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes.

"What...What are you doing here?" I asked as I continued to scan the surroundings. "Where's Josh?"

"He's not coming Jax," she told me and her smile faded away into a serious look.

I paused for a moment, trying to comprehend what's happening and she continued to speak.

"Kelsi got Josh to trick you to come to park because if I told you to, you wouldn't want to," she said as the last few words came out softer than the others, making my heart ache a little. "I know you wouldn't want to meet me or talk to me but I don't understand why."

"It's just that I'm really..."

Shailey cut me off as she started to speak again.

"Please don't leave this time, I need to talk to you. Please hear me out," she begged as she grabbed onto my fore arm, her eyes looking into mine and all I saw was desperateness. "Please," she mumbled softly.

It felt as though someone took a knife and stabbed me in my heart when I saw how desperate she was for me to stay; How it felt as though she did something wrong but that's not true at all.

Maybe I was wrong, I don't know. I can't seem to figure this out alone. Should I listen to Shailey's mum and stay away from her or should I listen to my heart?

This confuses me every time.

"I'll stay," I whispered and I saw her lips curled up into a small smile for once.

"Can we talk?" She asked as she sat on the bench then gestured for me to take a seat next to her.

"Yeah, of course," I muttered and sat down right next to her. "What do you want to talk about?"

"A lot of things. There are many things I wanted to tell you and ask you but  you didn't give me a chance to do so," she paused and took in a deep breath. She looked nervous and scared, maybe she was or maybe I was over thinking it.  "So, I'm going to say it right here, right now," she said as she sat up straighter than before.

"Go ahead."

"Why didn't you let me talk to you? Why did you avoid me? Why did you let what my mum said affect you?" All these questions she was throwing at me seemed to be drowning me.

"I just couldn't," was all I managed to say despite all the things running through my head.

"You just couldn't?" She repeated and looked at me with a look of disbelief. "Wow. I think I will get going now," she told me, disappointment evident in her voice as she turned on her heels and walked away.

"Wait! Shailey!" I called out as I grabbed onto her arm. "Don't go."

"What's the point of staying?" She asked as she looked at me, tears starting to fill the brim of her eyes.

"I just wanna say I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for hurting you, for making you feel sad and disappointed, for avoiding you, for not talking to you. I'm sorry Shailey," I apologised as I took her hands in mine.

Tears rolled down her rosy cheeks and her tear landed on the back of my hand, breaking my heart yet again.

"You don't have to apologise. All I want is for you to not leave me and let me talk to you, all I want is for us to go back to what we were before. Can we? I don't care what my mum said, what she wants is not what I want. I don't you to stay away from me."

I reached out and wiped her tears away with my thumb and tried to give her a small smile to which she returned.

"I will sticking to you 24/7 then," I said with a playful wink which made her laugh a little.

"I'm totally looking forward to it," she said, tears no longer staining her face.

"Well you should."

A/N:
Hey guys!!! 💜💜💜 Here's a new chapter for you!! It's a rather short one but I still hope you like it!! 💚💚💚

Finally things are settled between them and Shailey got the chance to talk to Jax.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you like this chapter!! 😊😊

Much love,
Rachel xx