Chapter 28

In the past hour, we have did nothing but two and a quarter of math questions.

And I was starting to feel guilty for leaving little cousin Joseph alone downstairs watching his tv show. I silently prayed that he would be able to entertain himself as I watched Jax spin around his the office chair.

"Why not we take a break?" He suggested all of a sudden.

"Sure, of course."

I watched as he stood up and made his way to the door.

"Where are you going?" I asked curiously.

"To the toilet. Why? Wanna tag along Costello?" Jax asked as he wriggled his perfect dark brows at me suggestively.

"Eww no," I responded with an eye roll but my cheeks were tinged slightly pink.

He gave me one last smirk before stalking out of the door.

I sat there alone at the study table, staring at the math question that was in front of my eyes. I tried to solve it but my mind was blank. Completely blank.

I turned to my left to look out of the window but all I can see is a giant tree blocking my view and maybe a bit of the blue sky.

It was then I was just staring at the tree. Watching how it's leaves are starting to then hues of red, orange and yellow and how they danced along nicely with the wind.

I let my legs swing freely as I waited for Jax to be back.

I looked at my phone to see that 15 minutes has past.

Don't people say guys pee fast? What's taking him so long?

The more I thought about it, the weirder it gets. I stood up from my seat and headed outside.

From outside I could hear animated sounds coming from inside the guest room.

"Pew pew pew!" A familiar voice yelled.

"BOOM!" A another voice exclaimed, bubbling with excitement.

My ears perked up instantly as curiosity swirled within me.

I slowly pushed open the slightly ajar door and peered inside to see Jax and Joseph playing together. To say that I'm shocked would be an understatement.

I am extremely shock.

The sight that greeted me was so hard to believe. I had to pinch myself to tell myself I am not dreaming.

My four year old little cousin playing battlefield with our school's notorious bad boy, Jax Merico.

Never in my mind I would have thought that Jax would be playing with a little boy, especially with my little cousin.

I cleared my throat loudly and have successfully gotten both of their attention.

His eyes met mine and if I looked closely, Jax Merico was actually blushing while Joseph just gave me an innocent smile.

"PG 13 alright guys?" I said while quirking my eyebrow at him.

"It's... it's not what you think," Jax stuttered like a nervous kid about to go on stage as he mumbled the words under his breath.

"It's okay Jax," I reassured as I tried to stiffle a laugh. "I won't judge," I told him with a playful wink.

I walked towards the two boys and sat down next to my little cousin quickly.

"How are you my little Joseph?" I asked as I ruffled his light brown hair.

"I'm fwine, Shailey," Joseph said as he chuckled softly.

"Sorry for abandoning you just now."

"It's okay Shailey!" He said with a bright smile.

"So you are joining us?" Jax asked as he looked between Joseph and I.

"Yeah, why not right?"

We were currently playing battlefield. Jax and Joseph were a team and well, I'm the lone ranger.

The poor lone ranger that is going to die alone.

I set up my army, 20 men strong! Okay whatever. I got my tanks, guns, and well, 20 men strong army.

I let out a loud battle cry. And just as I was about to lauch my attack, they beat me to it.

My 20 men strong army was hit! They were hit by a bomb. A gigantic bomb. All my men were dead. They died horribly. A horrible death.

"MEN DOWN! MEN DOWN!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. "That's not fair! You can't just throw a damn cushion at my men!" I complained with a small pout on my lips.

"Too bad Shailey, deal with it," Jax retorted as he stuck out his tongue at me like the childish person he is. "And also, no cursing," he added with a wink.

"I did not curse," I insisted as I had my arms crossed over my chest.

"You said 'damn'," he pointed out, raising an eyebrow at me.

"HAH! You said it too!" I reached forward and with one hand, I swept down all of their army.

For a moment, I almost forgot that Joseph was watching two teenagers bicker among themselves like morons.

Joseph was just watching all everything with an amused expression on his cute little face as he clapped happily at our childishness.

"Okay now that's not fair!" Jax complained this time, whining like a little kid. "You can't just do that!"

"Well too bad!" I mocked as I smiled at him smugly, arms over my chest.

"You are so childish! Do you know that?"

"Oh really? Who was the one who stuck his tongue out?" I challenged.

"Well then who was the one who destroyed my army with her arm?" He retorted.

Seriously, I thought that this fight will have no end to it. And it really has no end, yet.

Each of us grabbed a pillow from the bed and started having a pillow fight. The good ol' pillow fight.

We started whacking one another with pillows as we let out peals of laughter, echoing throughout the room.

"I will help you!" Little Joseph offered as he grabbed a tiny pillow and started hitting Jax with it.

"Yes! Go get him Joe!" I cheered.

"Hey! That's not fair! That's two against one."

"Deal with it," I said as I let my lips curled up into a smug smirk.

A/N:
Aw Jax playing with little Joe, how adorable. 😍😍

Don't you just love it when guys play with little kids, it's just the cutest thing ever!!!

Anyway, don't forget to vote, comment and share if you like this chapter! ❤️ Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you think and what you want to see! 😌

Much love,
Rachel xx