Chapter 39

I was waiting for Kelsi by the bench at the parking lot.

She said she would be here in five minutes ten minutes ago.

Not many people were here. Just me, myself and I. Occasionally, a few people would walk past and stare at me for 2 seconds before looking away and whisper among themselves.

I was dozing off as I stared into blank space ahead of me when I felt someone hit me hard on my shoulder which made me jumped in shock.

"Oh my god!" I shrieked, jumping off the bench. "Who the hell-"

"It's me."

I turned around to see Jax standing right in front of me with a smug smile on his handsome face.

"Why do you keep doing that?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

"Didn't I answer this question before?"

"I hate you," I mumbled under my breath, crossing my arms across my chest.

"But you said you like me yesterday," he said with a small pout on his lips.

"That was yesterday. Not now. You ruined it."

"Aw really?"

Before I knew it, he grabbed me by my arm and pulled me close to him, making me giggle as his touch was ticklish.

"What do you think you are trying to do?" I asked, trying to make a stern face as I tried very hard to hold in my laughter.

"I'm trying to make you like me again," he said as his lips curved upward into a smile.

"I don't think you can do that."

"Of course I can!" He exclaimed like a little child.

"How so?" I challenged as I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Like this."

He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder in one swift motion.

"Hey!" I protested as I hit his back repeatedly. "Where do you think you are going mister Merico?"

"You'll see," he said and the image of him smirking popped into my head almost instantly.

"What about Kelsi?" I asked, still hanging over his shoulder. "I was waiting for her."

"I told her I'm kidnapping you. She was all cool about it."

"Oh really?" I asked, raising an eyebrow even though he can't see me.

"Really. She told me to have fun," as soon as Jax said that, an image of Kelsi winking popped into my mind, making me chuckle.

"What are you laughing about?" He asked as he continued walking to god knows where.

"Nothing!" I quickly said. "So mind telling me where we are heading to now?"

"Nope," he replied, popping the 'p' as he shook his head.

"Why not?" I asked with a small pout on my face.

"It's a surprise."

"Not again..."

***