Chapter 53

Jax's POV

On my flight to Boston, I couldn't help but feel nervous and scared all together. There's this weird feeling churning in my tummy and to say it doesn't feel good at all, was probably an understatement.

A small voice was chanting in my mind the whole time as I questioned myself, wondering if I'm doing the right thing. I was quietly chiding myself for being for impulsive and for even raising my voice slightly at Shailey.

All the possible different scenarios were flashing through my mind. What if Shailey hates me? What if she doesn't want to ever see me again? What if I see her having a much better life with Austin instead of me?

All these thoughts were killing me slowly and I wish I could answer all these unanswered questions. But I was too afraid to know the answer anyway. What if the answers to all of these questions are not what I wanted to hear? Still, I needed to know.

I felt way shittier than before and I asked the flight attendant for another glass of red wine. What's the worse that could happen anyway?

I swirled the glass in my hand and closed my eyes shut, as I let myself drown in all the unanswered questions and thoughts swimming in my head.

Slowly, I brought the glass closer to my lips and took one nice sip, hoping that somehow this might make me feel better.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived in Boston..."

•••

Shailey's POV

"What the hell are you doing here?"

I managed to let those words tumble out of my mouth soon enough after I recovered from my previous shock.

My jaws were still slightly apart, my eyes staring at the boy in front of me in disbelief. I don't believe this is true. It's not possible that Jax flew all the way to Boston for whatever reasons, not even for me.

This must be a dream, I kept telling myself.

"Shailey..." I felt someone grab me by my shoulders and I know this isn't a dream anymore. I blinked my eyes rapidly as I looked up into a pair of eyes I never thought I would see today. "I need to talk to you," he said, his voice firm.

I felt hundred over pairs of eyes staring right at us and that thought itself was making me uncomfortable. I gulped inwardly.

"Why did you-" Before I could complete my sentence, Jax fingers were wrapped around my forearm as he pulled me away from the busy cafeteria and the hundred pairs of eyes that were once fixated on us and only us, eagerly waiting to find out what's going to happen next.

I let him pull me along, and I found myself standing in front of him in the middle of the school's carpark.

"What do you think you are doing?" I snapped at him, finally being able to speak up after the whole way here. "Why are you even-"

"Let me make it up to you," he told me, his eyes staring intently into mine.

"There's nothing you can do," I replied right away and I saw the hope in his eyes fell almost immediately. I know I'm being stubborn but I can't help it and I don't know why. Maybe it's just a part of me.

"Are you not going to give me a chance at all?"

I simply nodded.

"Then you leave me with no choice," I heard him muttered under his breath and before I know it, I was lifted up and thrown over his broad shoulder in a split second.