Chapter 56

"I got the perfect plan."

I watched as a sly smirk formed on Austin's face as he leaned in closer, eyes filled with curiosity as he looked at me intently.

"Tell me more."

"Bring your parents over to my place at 7pm tomorrow for dinner. Tell them we are going to make things official," I said, air quoting the word 'official'.

"So we are going to pretend to date and I will end up falling for you?" Austin asked, quirking an eyebrow at me.

I laughed. "Wow, someone sure reads his teen fiction."

"I'm secretly a hopeless romantic," he whispered.

"I can tell," I said with a soft chuckle. "But anyway, no. We are not fake dating. Bring along the girl you met and I will bring Jax along. The rest will be up to me. Just watch and learn," I added as my lips curved upwards into the slightest smirk.

"Yes boss," Austin assured with a mock salute as I let out a soft laugh before rolling my eyes playfully.

The night past by quickly and before we know it, we were at dessert- my favourite part.

"Judging by the ice cream smudged all across your face, you seem to be liking the triple chocolate ice cream here," Austin commented as he stifled a laugh.

"Liking it? I love it!" I exclaimed a little too loudly, causing some of them to shush me. I mumbled a soft apology and quickly took the napkin to wipe up this mess. "It's so good," I told him, letting out a long sigh of contentment.

"Told you so. And you said you didn't like chocolate," he said, shaking his head in mock disapproval.

"Well, now I know what I'm missing out on this whole time, thanks to you. Oh, how can I repay you?" I joked.

"Well, you could buy me a car."

"Sure, I will pick one up at the toys section," I replied cheekily with a wink.

• • •

Let operation cupid begin.

To Austin:
7pm tonight. Don't forget about operation cupid.

To Shailey:
Oh shoot. I totally forgot. My parents can't make it tonight. Sorry.

To Austin:
What? But I already told my parents.

To Shailey:
HAHA just teasing. Of course I won't forget. Vanessa is already here.

To Austin:
You scared me 🙄

To Shailey:
That's my aim 😉

I laughed, shaking my head before placing my phone back on the table top beside my bed. I plopped down on my bed, thinking of how I'm going to get Jax over when he refused to answer any of my calls and reply my texts for the whole of yesterday.

I took out my computer and decided to Skype Kelsi. Man, I miss listening to her rants and listening to her lame jokes. But right now, I need help.

I saw Kelsi popped up on the screen in front of me, dressed in a pale yellow hoodie.

"Oh my god! Hey Shailey!" She greeted enthusiastically with a wave as a big grin plastered across her face.