Chapter 48

That's it. Tomorrow will be the day I'm jetting off to Boston, something I didn't really get a say in. But it's not like I could change anything anyway.

Sitting on the edge of my bed, I took out a plain old looking box from my closet. It may look like nothing significant to everyone else, but to me, it's everything. It holds some of my most precious memories that will stay in my heart forever.

Polaroids of my friends and I and some of them with Jax and I, all of us had a bright smile plastered across our faces as we build the greatest memories together. There were also some crumpled notes of cheesy pick up lines Jax wrote to me in school, mostly when I'm having a bad day.

I still cannot register the fact that I will be shifting to Boston and leaving all my friends once again. When they drop another bomb on me that I will be moving there with Austin's family, I freaked out, it's even harder to believe.

It's crazy how much things can change in a few days. I never would have thought that I would be moving there with his family. It's great to have a familiar face in a sea of new people of course, but I rather that person be Jax or Kelsi.

Ever since that kiss with Jax (Long ago, I know), things changed. I avoided him and I didn't know what to do. Things have gotten awkward. I don't know if it will ever be the same again. I remember back when he first saved me from my little drowning incident on my first day in Miami High. And so much have changed since then. That's insane.

I didn't even know a small smile was on my face as a tear rolled down my cheek. I quietly tucked the box of memories somewhere in my half packed luggage, squeezed among all my shirts.

I heard my phone rang, making me jump in shock a little as my hand flew to my chest.

"Hello," I answers at the fourth ring.

"It's me babe," and immediately I recognised that familiar voice.

"Hey Jax," I mumbled, a small smile on my face.

"Do you really have to leave tomorrow? I miss you already," he told me and I let out a soft chuckle as I imagined him pouting.

"You just left my house like 30 minutes ago," I pointed out.

"That's already far too long dear."

"Don't be so clingy," I joked with a laugh.

"Oh so are you dumping me now?" He asked through the phone, but I could almost see him cocking an eyebrow as he had his arms crossed over his chest.

"Yeah, we are through," I played along as I tried to stifle a laugh.

"But babe, I can change. Tell me what I did wrong," he said in an exaggerated tone, making it impossible for me to hold back my laughter.

"It's not you... It's me," I muttered under my breath as I let out a huff of breath.

"Aw really?" He continued, the both of us still very into staging this fake break up over the phone.

"Yeah man," I finally said.

"Your 'yeah man' killed the vibe Shailey!" He exclaimed as the both of us burst out into laughter and our laughter died down gradually.

"Shailey..." Jax's voice sounded extra deep over the phone as he broke the short moment of silence.

"Yeah?"