Chapter 52

"Sitting alone?" I heard a familiar voice spoke, causing me to look up from my pathetic lunch meal- an apple and turkey sandwiches, that I bought from the new school's cafeteria.

The people here have been okay so far. They seem nice and friendly. The teachers were okay too. Everyone is okay I guess, but I am not okay. Not okay with what happened yesterday.

I looked up to see Austin towering over me with a concerned look on his face with his eyebrows furrowed together.

"I'm not really in the mood to talk to anyone new right now or making new friends," I told him before letting out a soft sigh.

Jax's hurt and betrayed voice was playing in my head like a broken record player I can't fix since last night and I barely gotten any sleep. My phone was buzzing almost the whole night and I never really got to reading any of his messages or answer his calls or voicemails. I ended up switching off my phone entirely but that doesn't keep my mind off of what Jax said.

"Well that's okay. You will always have me," he told me with a bright smile as he slipped into the seat opposite of me and I tried to muster a small smile.

I dropped my gaze back to the plate sitting in front of my eyes and I couldn't help but think about what Jax might be having for lunch right now. Is he eating his favourite pork chop meal? Or did he pack something from home? Probably some left over from his dinner last night.

"Shailey?" Austin's voice reached me, breaking my train of thoughts as I was jolted back to reality. "Are you okay? Is this about Jax?" He asked, concern laced his voice as he looked into my eyes intently with his bright blue eyes

"Mhmm..." I mumbled with a small nod. And suddenly all the thoughts that were running through my mind made me feel a pang of sadness. Tears threatened to spill out any moment as they filled the brim of my eyes.

"Shailey..." I heard Austin muttered under his breath and suddenly he was right next to me. He slung his arm over my shoulders and pulled me close to him.

I let myself bury my head in his chest as I quickly blink back my tears and stopped myself from going crazy any moment.

How I wish I could take all these bad memories and this hurricane of thoughts swirling in head and chuck them somewhere safe in a treasure box then proceed to throw the key deep into the ocean.

"Get your dirty little hand off her right now," a scarily calm voice spoke from behind us. I whipped my head around to see a familiar looking mop of brown hair; the boy who was running in my mind the entire day.

My jaw dropped in surprise and I blinked rapidly, as my right hand reached up to pinch myself in my arm to make sure this is all real.

It is.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

•••

Jax's POV

One day ago...

"What do you think you are doing?" I heard mum asked as I continue to busy myself with the packing of clothes and other necessities. Messily throwing all of those into a small black luggage that have been sitting in the corner of my room for the longest time.

"What?" I asked, feigning ignorance as I finally zipped up my luggage and turned around to look at mum who was standing by the door with her arms on her hips and a small frown etched on her face.

"Jax I am talking to you."

I walked towards my desk, searching for the plane ticket that I left in one of my drawers, underneath a stack of papers. As I was rummaging my drawers one by one, I heard mum clear her throat, clearly irritated.

"Is this what you are looking for?" She asked as she waved the ticket in my face, a smug look on her face. "Would you mind explaining why I found this plane ticket to Boston laying on your desk?" The frown still hanging on her face.

"I'm going to Boston," I said with a mere shrug to which mum responded with an eye roll.

"Like I don't already know that? Tell me, why are you going to Boston?"

I ignored her question. "My flight is in a few hours. I'm kind of in a hurry."

"Jax Merico, I'm asking you a question," the frown on her face deepened as a dark shadow cast over her face, making me gulped inwardly.

"It's Shailey," I told her as I looked into mum's eyes for a mere second before looking away to watch the trees dancing in the wind outside of my bed room window.

"Shailey is in Boston?" She asked as her eyebrows knitted together in confusion while I mumbled a soft 'yeah'. "Do you not tell me anything about your life?" I heard her mumbled softly under her breath.

"I just thought you won't be interested."

There was a small moment of awkward silence that settled between us before mum spoke again.

"Mind telling me what's going on?"

I sighed then turned to look at mum who had a confused look plastered across her face.

"I screwed up. Big time," I admitted. "I was being the jealous ass boyfriend and she hung up on me. She didn't pick up any of my calls or reply to any of my texts after that. She probably might never want to see me again but I have to make this right. I made a huge mistake."

"Hey..." Mum's soothing voice reached me as she walked over next to me, placing her hand gently on my arm. "It's okay, you realised your mistake, that's good. Please don't cry. It breaks my heart to see you like this."

It was only then did I realise that tears were flowing down my face uncontrollably and I couldn't stop it no matter how hard I try. I know I made a mistake for not trusting Shailey enough to be with Austin all a thousand miles away from me.

I am determined to make this right.

I'm flying to Boston tonight.

A/N:
HUGE WRITER'S BLOCK Y'ALL ugh. It took me so long to write this short chapter because I had no idea where I wanted it to go but I hope you guys are not disappointed!!

Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you like this chapter! And do leave me any feedback if you like! 😊

Have a lovely day! ❤️

Much love,
Rachel xoxo

Catch Me When I Fall For You [COMPLETED]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara