Chapter 14

I held my phone in my hands tightly, putting it as far away from me as possible, watching the trailer of conjuring 2 with my eyes half opened. I quickly shut my eyes as the demon appeared on the screen.

I was so focused on the screen in front of me, I shut out everything else around me. As I saw one of the main characters approaching the dark, I held my breath in anticipation. All of a sudden, I heard a loud boo from behind me as someone grabbed onto my shoulder, making me scream in shock. I watched as my phone fell onto the ground helplessly.

I quickly bend down to pick up my phone and caressed it like a child.

"Oh my baby, are you alright?" I mumbled to myself as I quickly check for any scratch or cracks.

I turned around to see Jax laughing his head off as he grabbed onto his tummy, throwing his head back.

"Oh my god. That was priceless!"

"Hey!" I snapped at the idiot in front of me. "Do you think that's funny?" I asked angrily with a glare as I placed both hands on my hips, pouting.

"Yes! Of course it was funny! Why else do you think I'm laughing?" He retorted as he pretended to wipe tears from his eyes.

"Thank god my phone is alright or else you will be dead meat," I threatened as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I'm not afraid of you sweet heart. What can a goody two shoes like you do?" He said as a smirk morphed itself onto his lips while he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Don't you dare call me that mister!"

"Oh and what are you gonna do about it?" Once again he smirked as he took a step closer to me.

Closer and closer till I was cornered, his arms placed on the wall behind me as he looked deep into my eyes with his cold brown eyes.

I felt my heart beating faster each second due to the close proximity. We were so close, I could count the number of freckles on his face.

"I...I..." I stuttered stupidly as I face palmed myself mentally.

"What were you watching?" He asked out of nowhere.

I looked up at him for a second before answering his question.

"Conjuring 2 trailer," I mumbled softly under my breath.

"Oh cool..." he mumbled to himself and the both of us jumped in shock as the bell echoed through out the class.

"See you around Costello!" He said with a charming smile before the both of us headed for our classes.

***

"So you know, I heard from Kelly, that-"

"What's this?" I mumbled to myself as a piece of paper fall out from my locker and onto the floor. I bent down to pick it up, and a smile slowing crept into my face.

Let's watch a movie together this Saturday ;)
-Jax

"Oooh what's that?" Kelsi asked excitedly, her eyes lit up as she craned her neck to look at the piece of paper in my hands.

"Nothing," I said with a chuckle as I tried to hide that piece of paper from Kelsi as knowing her, she would probably announce it to the whole world.

"Oh come on Shai, I saw that smile on your face," she said as she wiggled her eyebrows at me suggestively, making me laugh.

"It's really nothing," I said and I couldn't hide that smile from my face, I don't know why but I just couldn't.

"You are blushing Shailey!" Kelsi pointed out as she pinched my cheeks like I'm a little kid, making me narrow my eyes at her playfully.

"I'm not blushing Kels!" I insisted while covering my face.

"You so are!" She teased as she poked me at my sides. "Let me see that!" She quickly snatched the piece of paper out of my hand and read it out loud.

"Hey!" I protested as I managed to grab the paper back from her.

"OH MY GOD SHAILEY!"

"Shhhh!!" I quickly covered her mouth as soon as I realised everyone in the hall way was looking at us. "Everyone is looking at us."

Suddenly, a familiar voice from behind made me turn around to look.

"Hey girls," Jax greeted with a smirk on his face as he leaned on the lockers.

"Hey Jax!" Kelsi and I greeted and I tucked a piece of stray hair to the back of my ear.

"Did you get my note?" Jax asked as he ran his hand through his hair with a small smile on his face.

"Yeah, I did," I said and a smile made its way onto my face unknowingly.

"Well, see you on Saturday then," he said with a playful wink. "And I promise, I will never ever ditch you again."

"Alright," I said with a small smile as we interlocked our pinkies together for a second to make that promise official.

"What's up?" I turned around to see Austin as soon as Jax waked away.

"Oh hey Austin!" Kelsi and I greeted with a smile. "Nothing much really," I answered.

"What's that in your hand?" Austin asked with curiosity as he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Oh this? It's nothing!" I said as I tried to shake it off.

"Jax asked Shailey out on a date!" Kelsi burst out saying in excitement as I watched her danced around happily.

"Oh," was all that came out of Austin's mouth, as if he sounded disappointed.

"I mean, we don't know if it's a date. Maybe he just wanna hang out together as just friends, you know?" I suggested with a mere shrug.

"Just friends? Obviously it's a date Shai! Jax likes you!"

"No... I don't think so. You are over reacting Kels."

"No I'm not! Why don't you ask Aus-" We turned to see that Austin was already walking away with his friends.

"Austin?"

A/N:
Hey guys!! So happy that I can be uploading again! And I have a good feeling that there will be a few more chapters as I'm already thinking ahead ;)

So Jax asked Shailey out on a first date eh? Or is it just a friendly hang out? Are you team Jailey? And what's with Austin's reaction? hmm...

Anyway, don't forget to vote, comment and fan if you like this chapter!! And tell me if you are excited to see how their first 'date' / hang out would unfold! ;)

Much love,
Rachel xx