3

The two teens were walking around the mall making small conversation. They stopped in the food court to grab something to eat and get to know each other.

Averys POV

So far i've been having a good time with Mattia. He's very interesting and is a very good listener.

"You doing good with the move?" He asked before taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Yeah. It's just hard. I've lived in Miami all my life and moving to another state is hard for me. Especially making friends! I honestly don't know how I have you guys so quick. Usually I'm a wreck at meeting new people and very shy."

"You're good. So leaving your boyfriend back home must've been hard." Hah boyfriend. I bet he would love to hear this story. I laughed loudly at his words and he gave me a confused look.

"No boyfriend, well anymore." I scoffed.

"I sense a story time coming." He said getting comfortable in the chair. I sighed with a smirk on my face and settled in my chair too, getting ready to tell the story.

"A month before moving here is when I told him that I was moving, and it was also when I found out that he was cheating on me."

"Damn." He chuckled. I don't see how it could be funny but okay, I guess. "I'm sorry that happened to you."

"Eh, I'm over it, they got their karma." I took a sip of my drink and looked at him. He was so focused on me, I started to feel nervous. I felt my hands start to sweat and my foot started bouncing uncontrollably.

"Alright, go on."

"So we were in his basement and I break the news. He wasn't listening to me, like always. He left to use the bathroom and his phone rang. Listen closely because this is where it gets interesting. He gets a message from my best friend. Well we're not besties anymore." He looked so shocked when he heard it.

"Your best friend? Did you at least hit her?" Mattia was amused.

"Just stop interrupting me!"

"I don't even know what I would do if I found out one of my boys was with my girl like that, if I had a girl. I'm single." He was smiling hard when he said his last words. I laughed and continued. Still a bit interesting for me to know.

"So...I opened the message and she said something about meeting up with him in five minutes. So I called her from his phone and asked what their plans were and that im joining them. She hung up. I already had a feeling that this wasn't good. So I read more of their messages and it was full of their nudes and dirty messages to each other." I took a sip of my juice.

"When he came back from the bathroom, I told him Anna called, that's her name, and he tried to play it off but I ended things there. I took the sneakers I bought him, they're his favorite pair, and threw them in the lake by his backyard before leaving.. But for Anna, she came to my house that night and I threw all the clothes she's left over at my house this year out the window and I kinda smashed her phone.."

Mattia is full on laughing right now at the story. I joined in because it still is funny to me how things turned out.

"I would never cheat on you." He blurted out then covered his mouth with his eyes wide open. I have a confused smile and continued eating.

He is so fine.

"I sure hope you wouldn't." I smirked and took another sip of my drink. He gave me a smirk. I break the silence by laughing and he joins in too.

"We should get going. I see the guys right there." I say waving them over.

We all walk to the exit and start talking about the clothes and shoes we bought today. We all bought matching champion hoodies to wear on twin day for homecoming spirit week. Cute.

"What's wrong? Why are you looking at the floor." Mattia asks me, snapping me out of my daze. He wrapped his arm around me, pulling me in closer.

"Oh nothing, I'm fine, I'm just trying to fit my feet in the squares."

He starts laughing at me and I laugh too. I haven't had this much fun with friends in so long. I stopped going out when I got rid of my best friend because she was my only friend. So I would just stay home everyday. This change is going very good so far.

***in front of Kairi's and Av's house***

"Thanks for taking me out today, I had a lot of fun
but I am extremely tired and sore. Group facetime later?" I asked while poking my head into the passenger window.

"Yeah and I'll see if Alvaro can join so you can meet him too." Kairi says from behind me.

"Bye Ale"

"Bye Mattia." I say a little flirtatiously.

"Bye beautiful." He smiles then drives off.

I walked up to my door and Kairi yells over.

"You know, Avery, I think Mattia likes you." he says

"What are you talking about?" I asked, obviously wanting to know more.

"Call me as soon as you get to your room." I nod my head and walk in my house, greeting my mother of course, and going up to my room to put everything away.

The phone call.

k: so i'm very nosy hah and i was on his phone going through his tiktok account and he has a lot of your videos saved into his favorites. He also has your contact name saved with yellow hearts.

Aw how cute..

k: like me personally, i think he likes you. a lot. when we came over to help you unpack, he was a little nervous walking over to your door and i noticed but i didn't say anything.
And i could tell you like him or are interested in him. don't lie. i can tell. it's my superpower.

a: okay first of all hi, second yes i think he's cute but i'm not sure about liking him like that...yet. did you hear when he called me beautiful!?

k: yes dummy you were blushing and so was he. i've known him for some time now and i know how he acts around girls he likes. he was quiet but flirtatious when it's time to leave. you guys should just spend some time together.

a: eh. i don't want to rush into things. i mean today JUST made a whole day since i moved here. he is attractive i won't lie and it was nice being around him all day today but i just don't want to rush in.

k: hold up. pose for a screenshot so i can post it on my private story so that mattia can see and ask me about this call.

a: are you gonna tell him i think he's cute? i mean it's fine but just tell me.

k: yeah but i feel like he knows already.

a: me too but do it anyway.

*they both pose*

k: we cute

a: you already knoww

a: okay bye kairi i'm gonna shower and clean around here.

kairi: bye and i'll tell you what he says. maybe after our group facetime, you can call him privately and just talk.

a: yeah i'll try. i'm just really tired. bye

End of call