47

One more taste of your lips just to bring
me back to places we've been and the
nights we've had because if this is it ,
then at least we could end it right.

flashback to christmas

"You know I never had that big brother talk with you like in the movies." Mariano nudged me on my shoulder. I chuckled and turned to look at him so he could continue.

"So what are your intentions with my little sister?" He crosses his arms to appear tough.

"Just to love and make her happy. Maybe put a lil child in her."

"Ight man shut up." We laughed.

"Nah but on some real shit, break her heart and I'll break your jaw." He said in all seriousness. He was taller than me and I felt very intimidated by him right now.

"Of course not. I would never do that to Avery. She's too special."

I can see everything around me disappearing as I focus on just her. All sound becomes silent, all I can hear is my heartbeat and her footsteps walking up to me.

end of flashback (same day as last chapter)

Mattias pov

I didn't know what do to. She knows..

How do girls always manage to find everything out?

Do I play stupid and act like I don't know what she's talking about or should I just own up to my mistake?

I quickly got my keys and used the back door to sneak out and go to Avery house. I should explain myself to her.

-

My car was parked in front of her house with myself inside of it trying to find the courage to walk up to that door and knock.

I could see her balcony, and I saw Kairi hop over. He made eye contact with me and shook his head.

She's probably crying in his arms right now. I feel like I should be the one to hold her. I broke her at least let me hold her.

I got out and knocked on the door waiting for someone to open. To my luck it was Mariano.

"Fuck me." I whispered under my breath.

"Yeah fuck you. I warned you. I can't wait to break your jaw Mattia." He smirked.

"I- I just need to talk to her, please. She needs to know the whole story. I need to explain myself to her." He stepped aside and let me in.

"You have fifteen minutes. After that, it's my turn to talk to you." He said as I ran upstairs.

I walked to her door and took a deep breath before opening it. I could hear her talk to him.

"Kairi am I not enough for him?" It kills me that she thinks this.

She was in her bed with Kairi hugging her as she cries. He looked up and rolled his eyes.

"What do you want?" She sniffled. I walked over to her bed trying to wrap my arms around her. Kairi wouldn't let me.

"Kairi give us a minute." She said to him. He walked to her balcony and closed the door behind him. She shut all her curtains and turned her lamp on.

"Please let me explain everything." She nodded and listened.

"You have 10 minutes."

"Thank you." I sat on the corner of her bed next to her.

"You didn't clarify if we were over or not. She tricked me Avery! She's like a witch. I love you and only you. Av you know that. You know I wouldn't hurt you.."

"Oh so you slept with her on accident?"

"It wasn't my intentions. I just wanted to make you happy and to make you feel like you're loved. That was my job! You make me happy and I just wanted to return it but all I did was fuck this up. You're the best thing that happened to me."

"It's hard to be mad at you. I really let my guard down with you,Mattia, you could've driven up here and talked to me. We could've worked this out. Don't pull that oh I didn't know if we were over or not don't act like Ross and say we were on break. Im still shocked. I never expected this from you. You weren't even drunk. You were sober and had full control of your actions."

"So you're telling me that if you were in my spot you wouldn't cheat?" I asked. Her mouth dropped when I asked that question. I should've said something else.

"No! Whether you broke up with me or was just mad, like I was, I wouldn't go and fuck the first person that shows little interest in me!" She raised her voice and stood up. She was pacing around the room and I was feeling a little scared.

Mariano might kill me, who knows what Avery would do.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry Avery." I walked over to her. She had her back to me so I forced her to look at me.

Her eyes were glossy and her lips quivered. She looked up into my eyes and I leaned down. Our lips met and didn't leave each other.

"Jump." I said into the kiss, she did as told and I carried us to the bed.

I got on top of her and started doing my thing.

She was arching her back and grabbing the sheets. I lightly bit and kissed her shoulder.

I was trying to take in every second I had left with her. Who knows when's the next time I would get to hold her like this.

When I finished she laid there staring at the ceiling.

"What's on your mind?" I asked and turned to her. A tear rolled down the right side of her face.

"I don't know what to do."

"About what?" I asked.

"Us." She turned on her side to face me and put a hand on my chest. Her finger traced lines on me while she looked in my eyes.

"Can we just..forget about it?" I asked hoping she would say yes.

"We could move on but this would still be bothering me...I think you should go." She sat up with the covers on her.

"Please don't make me leave.."

"Goodbye Mattia."

I had no choice but to leave. Everything that's good comes to an end. I got my things and kissed her one last time.

"I'm sorry I messed this up but just know that we will get back together. One way or another it will happen. I love you Avery." I kissed her hand and she sat there with tears uncontrollably rolling down her cheeks. Her eyes and cheeks red.

I walked out crying and passed Mariano on the way out.

It's over...

this was my favorite chapter to write