52

Averys POV

I stood there not knowing what to do. That text came again and again in my head as I try to process them. Why was Mattia texting her and me at the same time?

He said he loved me.

He said he wants us back together.

He called her beautiful.

I didn't know if I was mad or sad but I found myself feeling hot again. I took Jennas phone off the charger and walked downstairs over to her on the couch.

I threw her phone at her making her wake up.

"Please explain this." She saw the text and had no reaction. "Why is he texting you this?"

"What are you talking about? I don't see anything?" She had a smug look on her face and shrugged her shoulder showing me the phone screen. Nothing. She must've erased the message but I know I saw his name come up on her phone.

"You're such a liar Jenna. I saw his name come up and under it he called you beautiful. Give me your phone." I walked up to her but she pulled away.

"You're crazy." She tried to brush it off but I knew I wasn't bugging.

"You're really pissing me off Jenna just tell me why he's texting you like that and I'll hop off." I swear at any given moment I'll swing and rock her shit.

She took a while on her phone. I don't know what she was doing. For all I know she could be deleting everything.

"Is that why you've been on your phone all weekend? Oh my god.. when you texted 'you're so cute' to the group chat it was for him and not me.."

"Look Avery I don't know what you're talking about but I'm very tired and I want to sleep." She was lying and trying to not talk about this subject.

"I saw what I saw. I know he's awake so why don't I call him over here and I'll ask him right in front of you." She didn't say a word. I texted him to come over and he was here in a quick minute since he was down the block at Ales house.

Mattia walked in and tried to hug me but I pushed him away. He sat on the couch not even looking at Jenna. He hasn't even made eye contact since he got here.

"Mattia have you been texting Jenna?" I asked him. He looked at her, then at me, and her again.

"Listen-"

"I knew it. You really can't be trusted Mattia.."

"It's not what it looks like I promise Avery. I'm using Jenna to get over you but it's not working." He blurted out the last part. I stood there in shock with my mouth open. The other two girls in the same position as me but obviously still laying down trying to make it seem as though they're still asleep.

"What?" She looked at him in disbelief. She looked like she wanted to punch him. Now who looks like the dumbass.

"I hate you. You always played with me, this is so unfair. And your relationship will never work out! He fucking cheated! Sitting upstairs and listening to you go on and on about how much you still loved him was such torture to me. He doesn't love you! If Mattia actually loved you then he wouldn't have done that. You're an idiot for going back to him and giving him a second chance. I think it, Taylor and Vic think it, they just don't want to hurt your feelings!" She was getting real bitchy now. That escalated quickly. Jenna went from crying to full on attack mode.

"Alright don't fucking lie on my name. I'm supporting Avery with whatever decision she makes." Taylor got up from the couch and walked over to us.

"So for you to literally say that makes you seem so fake. You're acting like a child over a guy that never really liked you the way he liked Avery. Jenna, when you two were dating you know who he would vent to? Me. You know what they were about? You. They were bad too, never good stuff. You were the worst girlfriend he ever had now let it go. So what if he used you as a rebound. It happens to all of us eventually. But you didn't even have the decency to tell Avery when it first happened." Seeing her move her arms around while she's trying to get her point across is the most funniest and cutest thing ever.

"Jenna you should leave before I do something I regret." My hands were in fists and I was looking at the floor.

"Y'all are some fucking fake ass bitches. I can't believe you would turn against me in a heartbeat." She slammed the door before leaving. Now I had to talk to Mattia.

"This is the worst girls weekend ever." I sighed and sat on the couch. Mattia followed and rubbed my back. I was too sad to push him away.

"Mattia why would you text her? You say you want to get back together yet you texted her to get over me? Make it make sense."

"I wasn't thinking. This has been the worst month ever. I miss you and I love you. I just want to be with you. When I'm not with you I do stupid things like text my ex." He laughed. I couldn't, I just felt so stupid.

"We have so much history that I don't want to let go of. Just leave. Don't text me, don't call me, don't talk to me. Give me a break. You stress me out too much and I literally don't know what to do anymore."

"That's why we should get back together." He said. I looked up at him not knowing what he was talking about.

"That makes no sense Mattia." Taylor said and I nodded in agreement.

"I mean like..when we're together you're not stressed. I don't want you to be stressed and I know you want to get back together so just do it." He held my hands in hope that I would say yes. But I don't have it in me to do it. I think I lost all trust for him. Possibly even the feelings.

"Just go." I whispered while hot tears fell down my cheeks. He hesitated at first but left without saying a word.

I walked up to my room and locked the door. I grabbed the bottles of liquor that we hid under my bed and started drinking them.

This should take off some stress...

i'll be gone for a week i'm so sorry. but i'll try to get something in tomorrow 💛