23

universe must have my back / fell from the sky into my lap / and i know you know / that you're my soulmate and all that 

Mattias POV

I was the last to wake up and noticed Kairi was gone. Everyone else was either scrolling on their phones or making tiktoks.

After eating breakfast I decided to go surprise Avery. When I got to her house no one opened the door. I knocked again and Mariano opened it.

"Hey what's up." We dapped each other and he let me in.

"Nothing much. I think she's in the back."

I said thank you and walked through the kitchen. I bumped into a chair hurting my side.

"Fuck me." I winced to myself. I saw Avery and someone else turn around to look at me but they couldn't see me. I was about to walk outside but Avery started speaking.

"Alright cut the shit Kairi and tell me please I'm losing my patience ." My girl has zero patience for anything but we all knew that. I wonder what he came here to tell her.

"Alejandro has feelings for you." I heard him quickly tell Avery. She, just like me, was shocked.

"What the fuck did you just say?" I asked finally opening the door. They both got up fast and looked at me.

"Babe what are you doing here?" She got up and hugged me. I didn't hug her back because I was still trying to comprehend what Kairi said. He just stood there looking like he regretted even coming over and speaking to Avery about this.

"Babe it-"

"Just be quiet Avery." I walked closer to Kairi and asked one more time.

"What did you say?"

"Look man it's not that serious. He just has a tiny crush on Avery. It'll go away soon."

"No, you said he has feelings. Having feelings and having a crush are two different things. He likes my girl." I turned around to Avery.

"Has he tried anything on you?"

"Oh my god Mattia no! It's like you lost all trust in him when you heard this! He would never do that to you." She walked closer to me.

"Well I didn't think this would happen but it did so.." I crossed my arms and looked at both of them.

"Don't let Ale know you know okay?" Kairi said to both of us. We looked at the most what the fuck face.

"How am I supposed to act like this didn't happened? My dumbass last night thought he liked Taylor because when you asked me if we were gonna hang with Av and Taylor he looked up." I said.

"What?" Kairi chuckled.

"After the whole night, when he heard those two names he looked up. So I thought he was interested in Taylor. I even texted her!!" I laughed at little at the situation.

I would've never expected this from anyone in our friend group. If anything maybe I would've expected it from Robert.

"Oh god no Taylors talking to someone. Mattia, did you really text her about Ale?" She walked over to me and took my phone to look for the messages. When she read them she started laughing.