54

Mattias POV

Waking up just didn't feel right. Avery usually texts me goodnight or good morning, even after the breakup. She didn't last night or this morning.

I sluggishly carried myself to the bathroom and got ready for school. The hot water felt good as it ran down my back and my legs. I couldn't help but cry.

How could I be so stupid? I should just give up and move on right? I can try.

-

I watched as Avery was walking in class with Kairi. He waved at me which caused her to look out the door and look to me. She quickly looked away and took a book out.

While walking to my first period I felt like everyone was watching me and whispering. Everything, of course, is on tiktok room and Jenna sent all the messages.

messages she sent:
these are from last night (when she was confronted)

jenna
you used me as a rebound and
i will never forget that.

mattia
just stfu and go away. it was a mistake

jenna
i know you miss me

mattia
no. i don't

jenna
i'm sending all this to ig :)

mattia
idc please stop texting me

jenna
you ruined my friendship with avery
and my life i hate you so much :/

mattia
okay play victim. idc about u
and you should've seen it coming.
and please give me my hoodie back

jenna
whatever 🙄

mattia
can i get my hoodie ?

jenna
ill leave it outside for you.

-

Next was english which I was not looking forward to.

The teacher was talking to us about what we were doing today but I didn't really pay attention, I never do.

Avery caught my attention though and right behind her, walked in a face that was familiar. The face I beat last weekend.

"Class we have a new student here. His name is Aiden Miller. Aiden you can take a seat next to Avery. Avery raise your-"

"Oh I know Avery." He cut her off and started walking to her. What a dick. I looked over at Av who was blushing and clearing the seat next to her. Fuck that.

I put in my airpods and put my hoodie up so the teacher wouldn't see. The whole period I did nothing but casually look over and see what they were doing.

She was smiling a lot. At least she looked happy. He still had a couple bruises on his face and a bandaid on the side of his face. I don't regret it at all. 

"Mattia and Avery you've been called down to guidance." The teacher tapped my shoulder and handed both of us a pass.

I walked out after Avery and watched as she walked. Her ass will never fail me.

"So what do you think it's about?" I spoke up. She just kept walking like she didn't hear me.

We walked into the office and were handed new schedules.