8

Its been two weeks since the move which meant school started in two days.

Avery enrolled at pvhs last week with her brother, Mariano, and went school supply shopping with him.
Alvaro finally moved back.
Her and Mattia haven't spoken that week due to him working a lot.

Mattias POV

Man I miss Avery so much. Working sucks when you have a big fat crush on the most beautiful girl ever. This summer started out boring but ended on a bang.

It is currently 8:50 pm which means I get off in ten minutes. I stepped out of the kitchen to go pick up plates at empty tables when I heard the bell ring indicating someone walked in. Like come on mf we're closing in ten minutes.

"Sorry we're about to close." I said wiping down one of the tables. This person stayed quiet and took a seat at a table.

"I know. I'm just here to see this really cute boy. I hear around town he works here." A familiar voice said. I felt my cheeks get hot and a smile grow on my face.

"Avery!!" I ran up to her and hugged her. I breathed in her scent, which is always amazing.

"I missed you so much." I said kissing her cheek. We still haven't kissed on the lips yet.

"I missed you too, Mattia. You're coming with me after this frozen yogurt." She said with puppy eyes. God she's so beautiful.

"Ight just give me a couple minutes. I have to clean around here."

"Let me help!" She yelled out quickly.

"Why? I can do it. I'm fine."

"Shut up Mattia, I'm helping." I sighed and gave her a towel to wipe a table. My boss came out and saw us.

"Hmm we do need more people to help clean around here and take orders. How would you like to work here?" He asked Avery. I couldn't hold in my laughter and neither could she.

"Huh? I mean yeah I would like it I've been looking for a job." She responds.

"Okay. Just give me the times you're available and I'll work around it. You don't know how much this helps." He gave her his card and walked out.

"Wow I came to see my baby and I got a job."

I felt my face go hot and my heart drop. She's bold bold. 

"Double win what can I say." Outside I was calm but inside I was exploding. Hearing her call me her baby was something I didn't know I needed until now.

"Shut up Mattia." She said laughing and wiping the last table.

I closed up the restaurant and we got into her car. She's been telling me how her parents bought her a car because they're never home and I didn't believe her until now.

"Your car is so much better than mine i'm jealous." I said crossing my arms and pouting.

"So are you ready for school to start in two days?" I asked facing her. She made an awkward face and shook her head no.

"Uh uh. I went supply shopping though. I'm ready but I'm not. But I am ready for your tour of the school. Been waiting for 2 weeks now." She smiled.

"It'll be the best school tour you'll ever receive. I'll show you all the places to skip class in and how to get free stuff from the vending machines." Avery laughed that amazing laugh she has which made me melt inside.

She makes me soft for her.

"I just hope I make at least one girl friend." She said turning off the car. I took my seat belt off and ran to her side of the car to open the door for her.