11

Mattias POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm at 7:15. Summer is officially over. Avery was the last one sleeping. Everyone else woke up with me at the same time.

"Wow she's a heavy sleeper." Kairi said getting up from the mattress on the floor. Alvaro got up and gathered his things to get in the shower.

"Yeah you can slap her and she won't wake up. But don't fucking touch her." I said.

"I call next shower!" Ale yelled out. I shushed him because he was being too loud.

"Yo wake up." I said shoving her a little. Her hair was all over the place but she looked peaceful.

"We should skip today." I said not wanting to wake her up.

"No man coach told us to come in today." Ale said.

"He said after school on the first day. He won't check attendance." Kairi said getting on my side of this conversation.

"I don't know about you but I'm going. I wanna get my unassigned assigned seat so no one takes the good ones." Alejandro was now checking through his social media's.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Avery start moving around.

"Good morning." Her voise was a little raspy but it was still cute to me. My little man baby. No homo

"Why didn't anyone wake me up?" She said getting up from the bed and get her outfit for today.

"I was thinking of skipping today but since you're up I'll go now." I knocked on my bathroom door to see how long Alvaro would take.

"Av why don't you use my parents shower? They're not home." She nodded and made her way to exit.

"Bro when are you gonna make her your girl?" Kairi asked me causing Alejandro to stop what he was doing and listen to our conversation.

"I don't know man but not any time soon. It still feels fresh. I feel like we need to see things out and just let time do it's thing."

"Well what if she's waiting on your big question but since you're taking too long to ask she thinks you're just leading her on? You know, giving false hope." Ale asks changing into his jeans.

"Do you really think she would think that? That Im leading her on? Because I would never do that her. Even you know I wouldn't do that.." I started getting worried. What if she did feel like I was leading her on? I really hope she doesn't because I would so make her mine right now if I wasn't scared she'll say no.

"What if she rejects me man? I'll feel stupid."

"Yo how could she reject you? You guys have been inseparable since she got here. She liked you ever since she met you. She told me! Avery has very strong feelings for you but if you want time to do it's thing then go ahead. But If you want, I'll see how she feels about a relationship." Kairi said taking a seat on my chair. I didn't know what to think right now. If i should just ask her out today before school, or wait it out.

"I really really like her. I think just talk to her for me Kairi. Since you guys are like besties now just find out how she feels about relationships. I know her ex did her dirty and she deserves nothing but the world." I said getting up and picking out an outfit for today. I turned around and saw Avery there standing with a smile on her face.

"How much of that did you hear?"

"I heard all of it Mattia." She said coming in for a hug. She took a deep breath in before releasing me. I stood there with a questioning look waiting for her to speak.