5

a/n i changed Averys last name to Castano so that means Mariano is her older brother. he stayed back in florida but will be moving soon before school starts. sorry for the change lol.

The next morning, Avery texted Mattia as soon as she woke up.

avery: hey good morning :)
avery: i was wondering if you wanted to hang out today? i wanna paint my room blue and need some help

Averys POV

It was early in the morning and he was probably still asleep. I was really nervous hitting send on those messages but it's whatever now. What's done is done.

I brushed my teeth and went to my parents room. They were still asleep so I was the only one up. I decided to call my older brother, Mariano, while i wait for everyone else to wake up.

I opened my new curtains to get the sunlight in my room. I could see into Kairi's room. He was knocked the fuck out. I laugh pulling out my phone to take a picture of him.

I got back on my bed and called my brother. I haven't talked to him since the move, so like 2 days now.

We spoke for an hour and caught up. I told him about the boys and he said he knew them. What a small world!

It was now 10am and I decided to bring the paint up to my room. Today my parents are going job hunting so I would be alone all day, unless Mattia comes over.

Right before setting the paint can down by the wall, I heard my phone vibrate. I ran so fast that I almost twisted my ankle trying to stop myself.

"What a fucking waste of speed." I said to myself. It wasn't even him. Ugh! Wake the hell up Mattia !

I heard a sound coming from my window so I went to see what it was. Kairi was on his small balcony that almost touched mine. I waved him over and he came in my room.

"good morning fuck face." He said to me.

"Good morning to you too." I smiled in return. "what are you doing up so early? You usually wake up later than this." i asked.

"Well Mattia texted me. I thought i should tell you since Im, like, the only one that knows about how you feel."

I nodded my head wanting to know more.

"He says he does want to hang with you today but doesn't want it to be awkward. He's such a pussy, oh my god. So i told him I would be here too if thats fine with you." He rambled.

"Of course it's fine with me! I just hope we finish and not get distracted."

My phone rang again. Hopefully this time is was Mattia.

It is!!

mattia: gm :) and yes i would love to come over
mattia: will the boys be there?

avery: yeah lol. my parents leave in an hour to go job hunting and will be out all day so we have the house to ourselves
avery: i wanna get this done already

mattia: bet i'll get ready rn
mattia: see you in an hour

"He's coming!" I said all happily and with the biggest smile ever.

"Kairi can we talk?" I asked sitting in my bed, he did the same. He nodded his head and I took a deep breath in.

"Okay so I know I've only known you guys for little time now but I just want to say that I really appreciate your friendship. And also I think I really do like Mattia. Like a lot. He's been heavy on my mind lately and not even my ex could make me feel this way. I get butterflies just thinking about him or talking about him." I could feel my voice shake and my face get hot.