16

the night i saw you / the night we met / the night was young / the sky was dark / you light my world / you're my spark

Mattias POV

It was about to be one month since me and Avery started dating. She told me she didn't want to do anything big because it's only been a little bit of time. So the plans for when the day comes is to just chill at my place, watch a couple movies, and order pizza. It was on a friday so she could stay the night.

Well today is tuesday so I was getting ready for school then picking up Ale and Alvaro.

****

Today had been going by so slow. Avery couldn't come to school today because she got her period and was in so much pain. So after school I'm surprising her with her favorite ice cream, snacks, and a rose.

Right now I was currently in my last class of the day. I was alone in this class and just sat in the back to myself scrolling on instagram waiting for the bell to it. Swear this bell takes so fucking long to ring when you don't want to be here.

"Okay class the bell is about to ring so you could just leave I don't care at all." I was the first one up and out of the door. I sped walked to the front door so I could get to my car and buy her the things.

mattia to avery

mattia: are you feeling any better?

avery: yeah i took some advil and i don't feel anything. just a bit tired ima take a nap

mattia: okay see u later

I bought all of the items and drove straight to her house.

"Hi is it okay if I drop these things off for Avery? She's been in pain all day and I just want to make her feel better." Her mom opened the door and led me up to her room.

"This is so sweet of you. I know she likes you. You should really be her boyfriend." She messed with my hair and gave me a pat on the back. You'll find out soon.

I opened the door and there she was. Her LED lights were on green and she was sleeping. She looks so beautiful while she sleeps. I'm so lucky to have her.

Avery was wrapped up in her favorite blanket while hugging a body pillow. I smiled to myself and sat down.

"Wake up my little ketchup packet." I whispered and shoved her a little. I could feel her body shake under the covers as she started laughing.

"Ew don't make me laugh." She said sitting up. Her hair flowed beautifully over her shoulders and her lashes curled up. She looked over at the gifts and smiled.

"Mattia! You didn't have to!" She said looking like she was about to cry. I've never seen her cry before.

"But I did. I wanted to because you deserve it." I gave her a kiss and opened the box of candy for her.

"Ugh you're the best." She whispered and kissed me again. I deepened the kiss and slowly pushed her down on the bed again. I played with her hair as we kissed and kept my free hand on the back of her neck.

"Thank you." She said in a low voice while looking into my eyes.

"Only the best for my girl." I gave her one last kiss then laid down next to her.

"How was school?"

"Boring as fuck. I didn't want to be there and it just felt like a long ass day. I missed you." I hugged her but she didn't hug back.

"Mattia, I really appreciate the gifts and I don't want to kill the mood but I'm still not in the right head space right now. Maybe tomorrow we can hang out." She sat up and looked at me. I sighed getting up from the bed.

"I-I just don't get it Avery. You're over him right? Why do you still let his dumb words get to you? I show you how much I appreciate you and how much I'm thankful for you. Why can't you just believe me? Everything I said the other day I meant it. You keep distancing yourself thinking that's gonna work. Well it's not. Im here! Im here right now trying to help you get through this. Help us get through this but you push me away!"

"Us? Why do you keep saying us? It's me going through this! You-" she got up from the bed.

"No, it's not just you. It's us! When it affects you and me, it's us! Not being able to see and talk to you everyday drives me crazy, Avery." I stood there waiting for her response.

"I love you, Avery. And I don't want this to seem like I'm blaming you for anything, which I'm not. I just want to help you." I said it to her. I said the L word..

"I seem to fuck up everything." She said looking at her hands.

"You didn't fuck anything up. You never do. Just let me help you with this....Everything he told you is wrong. You're more than that. There's nothing wrong with your weight. There's nothing about you that I would change. You're perfect."

She took a while to respond. She finally got up from the bed and walked over to me, stopping just a few feet away.

"I love you too."

AHHHH THIS CHAPTER WAS SO CUTE
i wish i was avery rn. lmao their first time saying i love you 🥺
but thank you for 1k reads 😙

comment
vote