42

It's been a couple weeks since the party. They are all back in school and studying for midterms.

The weekend rolled around quick and Avery thought it would be a good idea to make it a date night and give herself a break from the books.

phone call with kairi

a: hey i was wondering if you knew what mattia was gonna do tonight. i wanna take him out

k: hi and i'm not sure i could ask him. and i also have something to tell you

a: i'm listening

k: okay so you remember over the summer when you were closing the restaurant and i walked in after my date with a girl?

a: uh yeah

k: well we've started talking again on new years day and i wanna make it official

a: oh my god kairi!

k: yeah..so where are you tak-

a: oh my god i just had the perfect idea! why don't we have a double date?! like me and mattia and you and that girl so i could get to know her

k: mm i don't know. she doesn't go to pv

a: oh come on! it'll be fun i promise

k: you know what fuck it. i'll tell her to start getting ready

a: can i at least get a name?

k: her name is natalie

a: okay...so i was thinking we could go to american dream mall and go to the nickelodeon thing

k: i've never been there i've always to go. i'm down. i'm texting her right now

a: great well ima text mattia right now byeee

She texted Mattia but he wasn't responding at his usual time.

date tonight with kairi and his girl
what do you think?

Avery tried to call him but he wasn't answering the call either.

That's weird she thought to herself.

"He would tell me if he was sleeping." She got up and grabbed her keys. While driving up to his block she saw a familiar female walking out of his house with her head down. The closer she got she realized it was Abby leaving his house.

Mattia was standing at the window watching her walk away while wearing his glasses. He noticed Avery and quickly backed up from the window and opened the door.

They walked up to each other. She had a curious expression and he had a scared look on his face.

"What are you doing here?" He asked her.

"Well I texted and called you but you weren't answering so I thought I'd check on you cause you would usually tell me if you won't reply." She crossed her arms and looked at him. She could see her reflection through the lens of his glasses.

"Oh I'm sorry baby but Abby came-"

"Why is she even here? I thought she was going back to Texas?"

"I don't know I didnt really care enough to ask her why she was here."

"Well we're having a double date with kairi and his almost girlfriend Natalie.." He was surprised to hear this news.

"Girlfriend? He didn't tell me anything."

"Yeah he just told me like twenty minutes ago but Ima go back home and get ready. We're going to the American dream mall."