36

Mattias POV

I got a text from Kairi and Alvaro saying that they were getting on a plane tonight and will be here at 3am.

After that bathroom incident and the phone call, he kept staring at us and winking at Avery.

"Here guys, don't snitch." Her uncle brought us drinks from the open bar in the venue. Me and Avery gave each other confused looks but shook it off and started drinking it.

Jason stood up and walked to our side of the table. He took a seat next to Avery and I put my arm around her pulling her towards me.

"I can talk to you...Avery?" He had a fake sad look on his face and she wasn't buying it.

"I'm sorry but there's absolutely nothing to talk about. We've already had this talk before I moved and you said you would move on and find someone better but clearly you haven't." I nodded my head trying to get under his skin.

"How could you even mess things up with her?" I asked giving Avery a smirk while looking at her, admiring her. He looks pissed, good job Mattia.

"She was really happy with me you know that right? We've liked each other since middle school. I was her first love, remember that." He gave Averys hand a squeeze before getting up and leaving.

"I can't stand him." I said while watching him walk away and flirt with another girl.

"He wasn't my first love Mattia, you are." She turned to face me and kissed me.

We finished our drinks and her uncle gave us another one. I finished mine in an instant trying not to feel this anger and just chill.

"Let's go dance." I said putting my hand out for Avery to grab. The dj was playing music that would be played at a club. There was colorful strobe lights and a lot of people jumping around and dancing.

It was very fun but I started to feel hot and I think she felt it too. We're drunk. She gave me a look and walked over to the table.

"I wanna keep dancing but it's so hot in here what the fuck." She fanned herself with the napkin but it wasn't working out. We saw her uncle come up to us with two more cups.

"No! No more."

"Ah cálmese, calm down baby it's the last one then we have to leave." He put the two cups down. "Just don't act out around your parents!" He laughed then walked away. She stared at the cup and I was watching Jason. He was all up on another girl.

"Fuck it." She took the cup and chugged it. I quickly grabbed it from her and set it back down.

"Take it easy babe." She rolled her eyes and sat back. It felt like the music was getting louder by the second and I had a headache.

"Wanna go to the family bathroom and just chill?" She slurred into my ear. I slowly nodded my head and we made our way out.

We walked into the family bathroom and it was huge. Mirrors all over the wall and even a couch in the corner. We walked over after locking the door and just sat there.

"I want to go to the hotel room already and sleep." I laid my head on her shoulder and checked the time.

"Two more hours until the boys are here." I sighed and looked up at her. She smiled and leaned in. We started making out. I pulled her on top of me and ran my hands up and down her back.

"I love you. I don't think I said it to you today."

"I love you too Avery, and you did tell me like fifteen minutes ago." I said putting a strand of her hair behind her ear.