49

Where are you now when i need you most?
I gave it all just hold you close.
Sorry that I broke your heart, your heart.
I'll treat you better than I did before.

Averys POV

I've been dreading having to go to school today. The past three days has been just me in my room crying, asking myself how could I let this happen. Am I not good enough for him? Was I not enough?

I slowly got out of bed and put my hair in a messy bun, put some sweats and a hoodie on. While I was grabbing one of my hoodies I saw Mattias hoodie.

I grabbed the hoodie and sniffed it. It smelled just like him. He's really not mine anymore.

I know I should be mad at him for what he did, but it's hard. We were so close and told each other everything. I never expected this to happen and now that it did I don't know what to do.

-

I was in my car in the parking lot just staring at the open field next to our track. I've been in here for about thirty minutes now. I just found out everything got out to tiktokroom and now everyone knows what happened this past weekend.

Some comments are people on my side and others hating on me like it was my fault. Why did this have to get out?

As I was about to get out, I saw Mattia and Alejandro walking up to the school. He looks miserable too. I wish I could run up to him and hug him, but I couldn't.

I didn't realize I was staring until I found myself leaning over the wheel. When I sat back I accidentally hit the horn.

"Fuck" The two boys looked up at my car and I awkwardly smiled and waved at them. Mattia didn't move his eyes away from me, neither did I.

Alejandro walked off and Mattia started making his way to my car. I unlocked the doors and let him in.

He smelled just like his hoodie did. I love that smell. Can't get it out of my nose.

We didn't say a word, we just looked into each other's eyes. I miss his lips so much.

"I miss you." He finally spoke up. I took a deep breath in trying to hold back my tears.

"I understand that what I did was wrong and you'll never forgive me for it but I do want to make things right." He continued. I nodded my head not knowing what to say.

"Are you gonna talk or just stare?" He questioned me.

"Sorry." I whispered. "These past few days have been hard and on top of that, now this whole breakup is on the internet. I didn't even want to come in today."

"Everything will be okay Avery."

We sat there for a couple minutes not saying anything. His breathing was in its normal pace and not loud at all.

"I miss you too..but we need some time apart."

"So after some time can we get back together?"

"It's not that easy. Until you feel betrayed by the person you love, and the person you love has sex with someone else, then you can tell me if you'd wanna get back with them. I have to get to class." I got out of my car leaving him behind. As soon as I heard his door close I locked it and continued heading inside.