29

flashback to saturday

Saturday, the group decided to throw a last minute party since Averys parents and brother would be out of town until Sunday night.

They all go out to buy chips, drinks, all the good stuff you know.

"Okay I posted on my snap that we're having a small party. I just hope not a lot of people come." Kairi said putting his phone back in his pocket. He walked over to the chips and picked out doritos, lays, and cheeto puffs.

"Gross can we get good chips?" Mattia asked while grabbing a bag of fritos bbq twists.

"That's my baby." Avery kissed him and continued to push the shopping kart.

"I'm gonna wait in the car." Mattia left and Avery, Kairi, and Alejandro were in the store finishing their shopping for the party. Ale walked off to get some more snacks and drinks.

"Kairi, I feel like Mattia doesn't trust me. He's bugging whenever a guy talks to me and he doesn't even get mad at them, he gets mad at me. It's so unfair. Like with Joseph, the day after his live on tiktok he asked me if I thought he was cute? With that asshole Jason he asked if I would ever give him a chance? It gets annoying cause I feel like he wants to trust me but he won't fully let himself do it."

Avery and Kairi slowly walking conversing.

"Well he told me something similar to this yesterday. But I mean like I get why he feels like that. Jason wants you. Joseph lowkey wants you too but don't tell Steph. There's a lot of guys in our school, Avery, that want you and they're jealous of Mattia. He loves you and I know y'all are gonna work this through. He told me that the way he sees you is as though you're the most perfect girl in the world and that every guy that looks at you wants you. He thinks you're so beautiful that other people view you the same way he does. Mattia's just in love but doesn't want to ruin it."

"You think he's in love with me?" Avery asked while putting a hand on her heart. She smiled big feeling her face get hot as she blushes.

"We love each other but I'm not sure if we're in love you know?" He nodded and continued walking along the store aisles.

"He's a little insecure when it comes to relationships. I'm sure this is just a phase then he would 100 percent trust you." They walked up to Ale and went to the cashiers to pay.

Mattia was sitting on the hood of the car waiting for everyone. He opened the trunk and helped put the things away.

"Ight let's go." They all piled into the car and Mattia started driving. Avery was facing front, in her own world, not saying a word to the group. They were all making noise around her but she was so zoned out that she couldn't hear anything. She had been deep in her thoughts about everything.

Not too long after, they got to Averys house and started preparing. It was currently 10pm and people should start getting there soon.

"I've never thrown a house party. What should I do?" The boys all looked at each other and smirked.

"We got this." They said in unison. They all started laying out decorative bowls and filling them up with the chips.

They put the drinks in the freezer and laid the snacks around every table in the downstairs part of the house. Avery was in the living room currently making a playlist for the party.

"Babe send me some music for the playlist!" She shouted from the couch into the kitchen. Once he was done there he went into the living room and started sending her a few songs from his playlists.