41

Mattias POV
NYE

Someone from school was throwing a new year's eve party and we all decided since we had nothing better to do we should just go there.

It was currently 2pm and the party started at 9. Me and the boys all went to get a haircut and the girls, Avery, Taylor, Vic, and Jenna, all went to get their nails done.

"How's everything with Avery?" Roshaun asked turning his chair a little towards me. I looked up from the mirror and nodded my head at him showing that we're good.

"So what exactly happened with her ex in Florida? I was never told the whole story"

"He was just being a dick. He even dmed Avery on instagram but she doesn't know that I saw it so don't tell anyone. We're so good right now but-"

"Oh no, no buts please. What, you think y'all gonna end soon?" Alejandro asked getting in our conversation. I sighed.

"I heard my parents talking about spending the whole summer in Italy. I'm not sure if it's 100% but the whole summer? It'll hurt her." I could feel my stomach fall to a bottomless pit and my heart sink with it.

Spending a day without her already sucks let alone the whole summer. What if long distance doesn't work out? What if while I'm gone she meets someone else? All these 'what if's' are just making me overthink everything and I hate it.

"And what if it is true? You think she could visit you?" I walked over to the waiting area with Roshaun and Alejandro while Alvaro and Kairi took their turn for haircuts.

"Honestly, I don't know man. I don't even wanna think about it until I know it's for sure." Thinking about Italy with Avery looks like the best thing right now. All the romantic spots Id take her to, all the dates we could have, and watch the sunrise . She could meet my family. I think they'll love her.

-

I haven't seen Avery all day, we've just been texting. She and the girl's were at her place getting ready while I was at mine with the boys.

We were on live while listening to music and getting ready. When it was time to leave I had to end it of course then go pick up the girls.

My jaw dropped as soon as Avery walked out. She was wearing all black. A mini black leather skirt and a long sleeve black crop top with knee high boots. I noticed she curled her hair too, she looked absolutely beautiful.

"Earth to Mattia." Kairi smacked my cheek as I'm caught staring at her. She blushed when she noticed.

"Hey." She leaned over and gave me kiss on the lips. Her light pink lipgloss was left on my lips.

"Where's the rest?"

"Taylor's dad picked them up like two minutes ago. I think she's gonna be drinking that's why she didn't want to drive."

"You're not drinking." Kairi said in a stern voice.

"I second that. You remember what happened last time."

"Oh god that wasn't even my fault! He tricked me!" She raised her voice defending herself about what happened with Brandon a few months ago.

"I never said it was your fault babe I'm just saying watch out okay?"

"Yeah don't take anyone's brownies. No one is trying to make friends." Kairi laughs.

"Whatever y'all suck, and to my defense, Mattia left me alone that night because he was being a sensitive little bitch so I got sad about it." She said checking in the passenger mirror to see if her makeup was fine.