32

It's been a long weekend without Mattia but Avery managed as she hung out with all of her friends. Mattia and Ale spoke on facetime this weekend and are no longer speaking to each other.

No matter how many times he apologizes to Mattia, this still bugs him.

I just hope this all blows over and they're friends again. Avery thought to herself as she eats a pop tart on her bed.

Her birthday is on monday, tomorrow. She would be turning 16 and Mattia wanted to surprise her.

*****

Monday Morning Nov 7,2019

Avery woke up extra early today so she could curl her hair and do some light makeup. Her phone rang nonstop this morning due to all her friends and family wishing her a happy birthday.

Mattia still hasn't texted her and it made her upset. He was waiting until they were at school to surprise her with balloons and a necklace that had an M on it.

Taylor was picking her up today. She was in on the plan.

"Hey girl!" She said getting into the car. Taylor waved and yelled out happy birthday to Avery. They hugged then she started driving.

"I can't believe Mattia didn't text me at all this morning." Taylor kept her eyes on the road pretending like she wasn't listening to Avery.

"You know we broke up?" Avery asked her. Taylor stomps on here brakes and pulls over.

"Fucking spill." She pulled her phone to text Mattia to tell him they would be running a little late.

"So last week he was just being annoying and so overwhelming and overprotective about me being friends with other guys! I just couldn't handle it. So I was hanging out with Alejandro and he got really mad at me. Ale told me to tell him to fix his act or ima leave him but he actually fucking turned it around on me. So we broke up...but we got back together the next morning." She said laughing. Taylor sat there shaking her head and started the car back up.

"Are you doing anything today?"

"Uh I don't know. Maybe dinner with my family like we always do every year but I wanted to be with Mattia tonight. I've been dying to go to this frozen yogurt place but it's in New York. I checked it's like an hour and a half drive."

"Well if you could please reach in the back seat for me and grab that purple bag." She smirked as Avery turned around to get the bag. Inside was a bracelet from Alex and Ani.

"You didn't.." Avery took the bracelet out and put it on her wrist.

"I love it!! Thank you!" They got to school and noticed the group on the hill by the track.

"Oh god I see balloons." They were all waiting for Avery and Taylor to get there.

"They really didn't have to make a big deal about this.." She walked out of the car while Taylor walked behind her recording everything. Avery was smiling big and could feel her cheeks get sore already.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVERY" They all shouted once she got close enough to them. They ran down the hill and attacked her in a massive hug. Mattia was still no where to be found but later came out when the group pulled away from the hug. He walked down the hill with two red balloons and a small box in his hand. Avery walked up to him with her cheeks hurting from how big she was smiling.

"Mattia.."

"Happy birthday beautiful." He kissed her and brought her in for a big hug. He spun her around then kissed her again.