53

recap bc i feel like this whole book is a mess and it's confusing. so they're both single but still want each other. mattia used jenna as a rebound but it wasn't working bc he still loves avery. jenna and avery are no longer friends. but during this whole time, mattia and avery were texting as friends trying to rebuild the trust that they once had. avery says "give me a break" last chapter meaning just don't talk to her for a while (mattia) and to just give her time from what she just found out. obviously she's hurt because she thought jenna was her bff. she drank the pain away.

Averys POV

I woke up the next day feeling like complete shit. The room felt like it was spinning and my head was pounding. I looked over to my table and saw an empty Hennessey bottle with the lid no where to be found.

I was crying all night until I knocked out. My eyes stung and were so puffy.

message from
taylor
can we come up 🥺

yeah bring me water pls

I was a little surprised that they still stayed overnight but I should've expected it. A couple minutes later I hear multiple footsteps coming up the stairs. In walks Taylor, Vic, Alejandro, Kairi and Jenna.

"What is she doing here?" I asked not wanting to be in the same room as her. She walked up to me and sat on my bed.

"I came to apologize. I should've told you immediately when he texted me instead of being selfish. That was wrong and fake of me to do." She really thinks I'm going to accept this?

"I wasn't even in the state when he cheated on me. He's my first love. He makes all my exes look like trash, that's how good he was to me. Mattia meant a lot to me. So it hurt when we broke up, and I never thought it'd happen. Then I find out you two are texting and my world crumbles again. Because not only did I lose trust in Mattia but I lost trust in you. A friendship that I was so happy to build considering your history. You can leave now Jenna." She opened her mouth to speak but I shushed her and pointed to the door. We all watched as she walked out with her head down.

"I'm so sorry, Avery, you don't deserve any of this." Alejandro came and hugged me. I hugged him back and didn't want to let go. His hug reminded me of Mattias.

Kairi just stood there with his arms crossed waiting for his turn.

"You're going through a hard time and I'm sorry for not hanging out with you as much now." He said.

"It's okay Kairi. I know I'll always have you by my side no matter what."

"I'm sorry but off topic, has Aiden texted you?" Taylor asked me.

"Who is Aiden?" Ale asked.

"Her rebound." Vic said while laughing.

"Wait so you're mad at Mattia for having a rebound but you had one too?" Kairi asked confused.

"I don't care that he had a rebound. It's who his rebound was."

"Ooh. So tell me about this rebound."

"He's very cute and has a big dick."

"That's enough." Ale said while covering his ears and shaking his head.

"I'm so hungover. I just want to sleep for the rest of the day." I laid down again and threw the covers over me but that was no use since someone ripped it off of me.

"I will make you vomit and we are going to leave this house. You're just gonna get worse so we have new plans for today. It was originally gonna be a girls day but let's just make it a friends day. You have no choice Avery." Taylor said to the whole group.