31

i can't quit you.

Mattias POV

The next day I woke up with so much weight on my chest. I told Avery last night that us taking a break was the best for us right now. She hasn't texted me at all and she's very mad at me.

I didn't think I had it in me to say it to her. I wasn't even thinking. Just knowing that we were probably over hurt me. The one girl that was actually different from the rest, ruined because of me. I hate that I let all these other guys get to me like that. There's a bunch of better looking guys than me and she's dating me.

How much reassurance could I possibly need? She's been telling me this for the longest and I didn't realize it until last night when I got home after leaving her.

Me and my dad were leaving to New York for the weekend but I still had two hours until I had to go.

I can't stop thinking about Avery. I need to see her. I need to apologize to her and tell her I made a mistake by suggesting a break. I'm fucking stupid. I stared at her contact and smiled at it. It hasn't even been 24 hours and I fucking miss her.

message to avery
i'm sorry av :/ can we talk?

please

I sat there for a few minutes waiting for her to respond. She usually wakes up early on the weekends. Not because she has to but because she's used to waking up early.

I felt my table vibrate and quickly went to see who texted me.

message from
avery❤️🐣
gm and yes pls
come pick me up?

mattia
i'll be right there

I brushed my teeth and put on some shoes then made my way to my car. I was speeding the whole time, I couldn't wait to see her. To have her in my presence.

She was outside of her house sitting on the steps. She looked beautiful despite the dark circles under her eyes. She must've been crying all night. I feel like a dick.

"Hey.." She said while coming in. I put the car in park and tried to give her a hug. She just shook her head no and gave me a dirty look. She looked broken.

"I'm sorry Avery. I'm so stupid."

"So are we broken up or on a break? Cause I don't believe in that. It's either we're together...or not. Which is it? And yes, you are stupid. I've done nothing but love you and you still couldn't hold it together." She voice was raspy and eyes were swollen.

"Well I don't want to be completely over. You're mine." I put my hand on her thigh and she stared at it before talking.

"So we're together..?"

"Not really? I don't know it's just that I love you and I wanna be with you but you see how I get when other guys are with you. I even fought one! That was my first time too."

"I feel the same way, Mattia, I love you too and I even told you that we are going to get through this problem. Just like how you helped me and stuck around when I was feeling low."

"So then why did you say that you would leave me last night?"

She closed her eyes and laughed a little while playing with her nails.

"Alejandro told me he tried that on his ex and it made their relationship work.."

I was so confused. They didn't even last more than 2 months.

"You know he's lying to you? He's never even had a long term girlfriend..he probably said that shit so that this exact problem we're in right now would happen. You see?! This is what drives me crazy!!" I looked forward, in deep thoughts, and crossed my arms. My own best friend.

"Wow. He's good." She was smiling and I joined her. I will admit this was a good strategy but with my girl? Nah.

"So our break from each other barely lasted 24 hours." We laughed at that thought then looked at each other.

"I can't believe I was dumb enough to walk away like that, to just leave you. Man I'm fucking stupid." She was nodding her head agreeing with me and I flicked her forehead.

"What are we gonna do about Alejandro?"

"I'm still shocked. I wouldn't have expected this from him. For him to literally lie just so he could have you? It's not just gonna slide like all the other times he's flirted with you."

"I'm sorry I even said that to you. It's dumb now that I think about it." She scratched her head and laughed at herself.

I grabbed her hand and intertwined our fingers. I brought her hand up to my lips and gave it a long kiss. She blushed but I could see tears forming in her eyes.

"What's wrong." She covered her face so I wouldn't see and shook her head. Her sobs got louder as I rubbed her back, unaware of what to do.

"I just really thought we were over, and the love I have for you is like no other. I've never felt this way." Her voice was low and you could hear how hurt she was. I caused that pain and I feel bad for it.

She wiped away her tears and looked over at me once she calmed down.

"Come here." I put a finger under her chin and slowly leaned in. I stopped a few inches away from her face and stared deep into her eyes.

"Ti amo." We both leaned in and our lips connected. This kiss felt different from our other ones. It was so much more passionate and as cliché as it sounds, I swear I could hear fireworks go off around us. Im gonna marry her one day.