55

you get high and call on a regular
i get weak and fall like a teenager
why, oh why does god
keep bringing me
back to you

In english class
Averys POV

messages between avery and kairi

kairi
how's your college eng?

avery
i have a 5 page essay to write :/

kairi
WTF
srsly ?

avery
yes. that's not the bad part. it's a "group" project and the only group is me and mattia so he has to come over after school.
can you come too🥺

kairi
interesting :)
no. i'll be home. you two should talk

avery
kai please

kairi
you'll thank me. you guys will be together again. I CAN FEEL IT!!

avery
but i like aiden

kairi
and you're in love with mattia so shut up. you guys are gonna get married idc

So what? I know I have a feeling deep down that we will eventually get back together but I just wanted Kairi around.

I looked over at Mattias paper which was empty. We had two days to write this essay and I'm sure he won't be doing much work.

My list has already been going on for a page and a half of ideas for our writing assignment.

While writing some more I felt something hit my head. A small crumbled up paper lands on my desk. It reads..

hey avery it's aiden. it's so boring not sitting with you. this kid next to me breathes so hard and i can't take it anymore. anyway i hope you have a good day <3

aiden

I smiled while reading it and took a paper out to write something for him.

hang in there bub you'll be fine! and we can hang out after school if you want? just text me

avery

I made sure the teacher wasn't looking before throwing it at him. He caught it and winked at me. When I turned around I saw Mattia had the paper and was reading it.

"Give me that." I sharply whispered at him. He moved away not giving me the note.

"Are you and him a thing?" He asks. I swallow hard not knowing what to say. We like each other yes. We want something more than a friendship yes. But I feel the same way with you..How do I tell him?

Kairis words from last night linger in my mind.

He may seem like he's fine with it but it hurts.

"We're just friends Mattia." I said while looking down at my notes. Kairi was also right about another thing; I don't want to hurt anyone.

"So I guess I have to come over after school to write this essay right?" He asks taking off his beanie. His long hair comes down to its natural state and I can't help but stare.

"Uh I can write it myself, don't worry."

"No that's not fair. We were both assigned this and I should do my part."

"Okay then.."

avery
idk what to talk about

kairi
don't be awkward