17

no one ever makes me feel like
you do when you smile

Averys POV

Slowly but surely, I am starting to feel a whole lot better, mentally. Mattia has been coming over everyday since Tuesday and just talking to me. It feels really nice to have someone with me.

Today was Friday, our one month anniversary. Me and Mattia decided to walk to school today instead of driving. I snapped a picture of us and captioned it "happy october 🎃💛". I stared at it for a while looking at his features. His smile is one smile I will never forget.

We got to school and met up with the rest of the group.

"Avery I feel like I haven't seen you since cheer tryouts. Oh and the list for who got on the team is up. You may or not be on it." Vic winked while taking me in for a hug, then Jenna. We've gotten really close this week which was weird to everyone  considering I am dating her ex.

"Ooo I'll check right now. But I have to go put these textbooks in my locker, they're fucking heavy." I walked to my locker with Kairi and Mattia leaving everyone else.

"Kairi open this for me." I told him my combination and put everything in there. He left for first period and so did we.

"Okay bye babe." I hugged Mattia and turned around catching up with Kairi.

****

Lunch came by really quick surprisingly. The girls invited me to sit at their table but it felt weird.

"So Taylor and Vic asked me to sit with them today but Im not sure." I told Ale, who was going in on his lunch today. Someone's hungry.

"I think you should sit with them. You need to hang out with more girls."

"But what will Mattia think?" I asked looking around for him. I spotted him at the cafeteria door with Alvaro, Kairi, and Roshaun.

"He won't mind. Just go sit with them today." He brushed it off and continued eating. I grabbed my things and walked over to their table. While walking over I made eye contact with Mattia. Oh fuck. Why am I getting first day jitters again with him?

I sat down next to Taylor and started talking to the group.

"Oh my god do you guys know Joseph? He's so cute."  Stephanie said while holding her head in her hands daydreaming.

"You should talk to him." I said shoving her a little. She shook her head fast.

"Pussy I'll do it for you." I got up from the table before she could say anything and walked over to his table.

"Hey Joseph right?" I sat down next to him and he nodded giving me his full attention.

"Yeah what's up?"

"So hi my name is Avery but I'm here to talk about my friend Steph over there. She's the one covering her face right there." He chuckled and looked back at me.

"What about her?"

"So we're having a party tomorrow, or a small get together I'd rather say. She was wondering if you would come as her date." He took a second to think about it. Joseph looked at me then at Steph for a couple seconds.

"Alright, I'll be there."

"Great, I'll give you her number." I entered her number and put her contact as 'steph💞'.

While walking back to the table I saw Mattia staring me down like crazy. I felt chills all over my body trying to ignore his eyes on me. I hope he's not mad I was talking to Joseph.