48

this chapter will be explaining "the jason incident"

back to august 2019
Miami, Florida

Avery had just found out Jason cheated on her with her best friend, Anna. She was in her room pissed with Mariano who had the same emotion.

She thought since she had to move in a week she would breakup with him tomorrow.

"I'm not letting him get away with this." He gritted through his teeth. She was breathing heavy. Feeling betrayed by Anna and Jason. Two people she thought she could trust. She didn't respond but just kept looking at the wall that was covered in pictures of her, Jason, and Anna.

"All three of us, we were like best friends."

"Avery I knew from the start that he was bad news."

She looked over at him and disappointingly shook her head.

"They even showed how close they've gotten. They would share ice cream! and drink together. How could I not point it out?"

He stood up and walked to the door to leave.

"Mar where are you going?!"

"Por allí."

He slammed the door and got in his car. While driving about two blocks away from the house he was finally at Jason's house.

"Hey bro." Jason said to Mariano. He ran up to him and punched his cheek. Jason was on the ground and Mariano got on top of him. Throwing punches left and right.

Jasons face was covered in blood and bumps. You couldn't even recognize him. His two friends that were there tried to get Mariano off of him but got knocked out.

"You're fucking crazy." Jason spit out blood and pushed Mariano off of him.

"How could you do that to her?!" He yelled back.

Jason spit out more blood and walked closer to Mar.

"Avery just wasn't cutting it, but I just had to have a taste of Anna-"

Mariano threw another punch and Jason tumbled back.

He punched Mariano and got him on the ground. Mariano then flips them over and locks his hands around his neck. 

"You won't do this ever again and I will make sure of that." He pressed tighter on his neck but was stopped by one of Jason's friends when he regained consciousness.

Jason was on the floor coughing, fighting for air. Avery ran to the house and was shocked by what she saw. She knew she had a bad feeling about Mariano leaving.

"Oh my god." She whispered to herself.

"Mar what did you do?" She ran over to Jason and saw him helplessly on the ground. Mar wiped the little blood falling from his busted lip.

"Gave him what he deserved." He got up and kicked Jason's side multiple times before being pulled away by Avery.

"Stop!" The police came driving by fast and took Mariano.

"You deserve time behind bars asshole!" One of the boys yelled out.

An officer walked up to Avery and asked for the whole story. Of course, to cover Marianos back, she pretended she didn't know anything about what happened. But the boys ratted him out.

the next day

Mariano has court to see what his punishment was. It was very early in the morning and Avery was nervous for the whole family.

"Why would you do this?" She asked while tightening his tie.

"I said it yesterday, he deserved it." He walked out into the court room and took a seat.

The judge gave him two weeks on house arrest and one week of community service.

Avery and her parents were relieved he didn't get any jail time.

She was hoping this move to New Jersey could be a new beginning for her.

Avery ran up to Mariano when it was all over and hugged him hard. She cried into his chest only holding on tighter.

"Don't ever go crazy like that again."

"I can't make promises Avery. If someone hurts you I'll hurt them back that's just how it is."

one week later

Mariano watched as Avery and her parents packed the moving truck.

"This would go a whole lot faster if you were allowed to walk out of that door." Averys stepdad joked with him. Everyone laughed. This whole week has been joke after joke about Mariano.

"Bye Mariano. Behave while we're gone. You're aunt is going to be staying with you for the remainder of the time. Make sure you pack everything a few days before. New people are moving in next month and I don't want anything being left behind. I love you mijo take care."  their mom said.

Everyone said their goodbyes and left to make their trip to New Jersey.