20

i can feel you take control / of who i am and all
i've ever known / loving you's the antidote

Averys POV

I woke up this morning with the worst cold ever. My eyes hurt, my nose was so stuffy, and I couldn't go five minutes without sneezing. Today was Mattias first game of the soccer season and I was going to be there no matter what.

I got out of bed and began getting ready for school. After my shower, I called Mattia and we spoke on the phone until I was outside to pick him up.

"Morning babe." He got in the car and noticed how bad I looked due to how sick I was.

"You are not coming to my game like this Avery. You'll get even more sick." He said.

"I'm fine for the game, really! I don't even feel sick." I lied. I felt like absolute shit but I am not missing his first game.

I pulled into my parking spot then started heading to the door. We caught up with Alvaro and Kairi while the others were already on their way to class.

Mattia pulled me in for a hug when we got to my classroom, kissing my cheek instead of my lips.

"You're such an asshole I hate you bye." He blew me a kiss and I walked into class.

****

The whole day was full of people telling me "you look sick", "are you sick?" and my favorite, "you should've stayed home." Like, I could if my mom would let me stay home.

Precalc with Mattia and Kairi went by so slow. I felt like I was gonna die, I couldn't breathe. I was just staring into space, zoned out.

"Ms. Castano! Focus on the lesson and stop daydreaming." Bitch ass teacher. The whole class turned to look at me.

"Do you need anything?" They all turned around and some people laughed. I hate this class.

*****

The game was about to start and I was waiting for Taylor to get here. I sat all the way in the front wearing Mattias soccer sweater with his name and number on it. The wind had only gotten stronger and it became harder to breathe.

"I mean this in the nicest way possible, you look like shit." Taylor said while sitting next to me. I gave her the finger and turned over to look at Mattia.

He was sitting on the bench with Alejandro just talking and their coach came up to me.

"Hey coach what's up?" I greeted him while walking closer to the gate at the bleachers. He looked up at me and had a serious face.

"I over heard Mattia talking and he said you're really sick. It's really cold out and you shouldn't be here. Now I don't care if he's your boyfriend but please go home and warm up. You'll only get worse." I can't believe he was saying this to me. Is he even allowed to make me leave??

"Wow that's so unfair." Taylor said getting up to stand next to me.

"It's just a little cold! I promise. I just wanna be here for the first game." He kept shaking his head the whole time I was speaking.

"You leave and go warm up at home" I shook my head waiting for him to finish his sentence.

"Or I will bench Mattia from this game." Mattia would be so mad if that happened. He walked away and sent Mattia to talk to me. I gave Taylor a sad look and she gave me the same.

"Babe he just told me to leave or else he's gonna bench you!" He laughed a little at how mad I was. Why the fuck was he laughing?

"It's okay I told him to do that." He put his hands on mine.