18

a picture from the hangout ^

No ones POV

Saturday night rolled around pretty quick. Avery and Kairi set up a little hangout area in her kitchen for their get together.

"I can't believe you're letting Joseph in your house after what he said. What do you think Mattias gonna think?" Kairi asked putting out a bowl of chips on the table.

"Honestly Kai, I have no idea. I didn't even tell him he was coming tonight." The group should be here any minute now.

"Is Jenna coming?" He scratched his head and looked at Avery while she took a deep breath in.

"No actually she's not. I texted her about it last night and she said she was grounded." Avery lied. She didn't text her because she thought it would be awkward around here with Jenna. They've never hung out one on one let alone in a group with Mattia.

"Its all good though. We're all friends here." The doorbell rang and Kairi ran to get it. Avery stayed in the kitchen making sure everything was right.

"Ugh this is all for Steph and Joseph. I am an amazing friend." She said giving herself a little pat on the back.

"Hey!!" she yelled out and hugged the group that just walked in. Taylor, Joseph, Vic, Steph, and Sasha all came in and sat on the couch.

"Um I don't remember inviting Sasha." She whispered to Taylor.

"I did. Her boyfriend broke up with her yesterday." She gave a sympathetic look then started up a conversation with them. Not too long after, Ale, Alvaro, Mattia, and Roshaun came strolling into the living room.

Avery jumped and ran up to Mattia to say hi.

She kissed him on her tippy toes and he brought her in for a long, warm hug.

"Alright let's get started! I have a couple games in the kitchen I should bring them out here though since there is more space here." She walked into the kitchen grabbing What do you Meme and telling everyone to make a circle on the ground with her.

*****

"So Steph how's it going with Joseph?" The two girls were in the kitchen alone munching on some snacks Avery had put out for them.

"Full honesty, it's going better than I thought it would. Thanks Av for doing this for me. You're a real wingwoman. Maybe one day I could do the same for you." Steph answered. Avery chuckled.

"Oh you won't have to." Avery looked over at Mattia and a huge smile takes over her face as she sees him having fun with the boys, even Joseph. If this were an animated world, her eyes would turn into bright red hearts and hearts would be flying around her head by now.

"I've got someone who I feel is going to be by my side for a very long time.." She keeps her stare on him and falls deeply into her feels.

"You guys are too cute. I wish I could have what you guys have." They spoke for a while longer then left to join the group.

"Okay I'm getting tired so y'all are gonna have to leave. Plus my mom is gonna be here in less than an hour and she had no idea about this so I have to start cleaning." It was about to be 2am. They all left thanking Avery for inviting them and saying they should do it again.

The only people who stayed were Kairi, Mattia, and Alvaro.

"Alvaro get your bitchass over here and sweep." She passed him the broom and dustpan.

"Mattia and Kairi help take the trash out."

"I don't see Joseph anywhere here." Mattia said pretending to look around. Kairi and Alvaro started laughing so hard.

"Stooooppp." She said starting to laugh a little with the boys.

"That was mean." She took the trash out and everything was clean now.

"I'm tired." She yawned and stretched her legs while sitting on the couch.

"Me too let's all go upstairs and hop over to my room." Kairi got up and ran up the stairs to her room.

"The front door is right there, I don't get it." Avery said with a confused look on her face. Mattia had the same expression but followed Alvaro up there after Kairi anyway.

"Bye Av it was fun, I'll see you later." Kairi hopped over into his room then waited for Alvaro.

"I'm sleeping at his tonight. Mattia you coming or staying here?" He asked. Mattia shook his head no.

"Nah I gotta go home. I got stuff to do in the morning." Alvaro followed Kairis actions then closed his curtains.

Avery locked the balcony door and turned around to Mattia. She slowly walked over and hugged him, leaving her head on his chest.

"What is this for?"

"Since you're not sleeping over I just wanna feel your warmth one more time before you leave." Her words were muffled into his chest making him laugh at her a little. He rubbed her back and laid his head on top of hers for a while, then pulled away. They kissed and she walked him down to the living room.

"Oh hey honey, hi tall one." Averys mom just arrived from work.

"Hey mom. Mattia was just leaving.." the two gave each other a look like 'we should tell her'. She rolled her eyes and called her mom back into the living room.

"What's the matter sweetie?"

"So mom, me and Mattia are dating..for a month and a day." She said not looking away from her mom. A couple seconds after, a huge smile grew on her moms face.

"I knew it! You're always talking to someone on the phone late at night and texting someone smiling like crazy at your phone. Honey, I don't live under a rock. I know everything. Goodnight Mattia I'll see you soon." She hugged him then walked out.

"I wasn't expecting that." He said turning to look over at Avery.

"Honestly neither was I but wait until my stepdad finds out." They winced a little at the thought then walked out.

"Bye babe, text me when you get home." She said to him. He nodded and kissed her goodnight.

heres another chapter. i'm bored and can't sleep. i know it's short but oh well

no hate towards joseph at all

anyway, i work tomorrow and nye😖😖