45

Mattias POV
The next day

Today was Sunday which meant Avery comes back tomorrow morning.

alvaro
yo josh has his uncles house in franklin lakes
huge house he's throwing a party let's go

it's a sunday ..

alvaro
wtf does that have to do with anything?

alright i'm down what time

idk 8 maybe

bet

I tried calling Avery to see if she was awake or what her plans for today were. She wasn't answering so I left a couple messages for her to see later.

I set my phone down and walked over to the bathroom and quickly get ready for my day.

After I was done with everything there was knocking on my window.

Kairi opened it from the outside and crawled in here like a creep.

"Want some candy handsome?" I said like one of those creeps driving around picking up children.

"You heard about Joshs party?" He asked. I nodded and put a beanie on then walked out to my kitchen.

I took out pancake mix and made enough for the two of us.

"Natalie is coming with us tonight. I'm so happy to have her around." He was smiling like an idiot and looking down at his phone screen.

-

We were on our way to the party. I have been texting Avery throughout the day but she took a while to respond. I can't complain though because she's just spending time with her brother.

You couldn't miss this big house. There was strobe lights and loud music coming from the house. Despite how cold it was outside there was people everywhere.

Mateo parked around the corner and me, Alvaro, Roshaun, Kairi, Alejandro, Robert, and Pinto all walked together into the house.

It reeked like weed and alcohol. There were sweaty bodies all around.

We finally made it to the back of the house and found Josh with his friends. Some girls were there. I recognized one from Tiktok. We saw Taylor there with Danny.

I greeted the whole crowd and took a seat by the corner with the boys. A few girls came over and sat with us. One girl sat next to me and started up a conversation.

"Hey I'm Cynthia." She smiled at me. She had beautiful eyes and her hair flowed nicely down and over her shoulders.

"Mattia." I stuck my hand out and we awkwardly shook them.

I found myself getting along with her just fine. She was by my side all night and I wasn't feeling lonely. She took my mind off of missing Avery.

Josh set up his phone on a table while on live. Cynthia was sitting on the floor in between my legs and my arms were around her neck.

Taylor was looking very mad and deeply in my eyes. I could feel every hair on my body stand as I feared those eyes.

She walked over to me and pulled me away from Cynthia.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

"Nothing! Let me live." I tried walking back into the room but she grabbed my arm and yanked me back. Man she's strong.