72

With the junior prom coming up on may 8th, in nine days, there have been promposals going on almost every hour. Mattia was taking Avery of course there was no need to ask but he saw how she would get every time she saw one happen.

Mattias POV
April 29,2020

"Kairi this has to be perfect! I got her favorite flowers today after school and they're in water right now. I've been working on a poster all day for her. I tried making it unique but it ended up really cheesy. I know she'll love it though." I smiled and held up the poster I've been making.

"And I have the letters cut out. I have p, Alvaro has r, Vic has o, Robert has the m and Taylor has the question mark."

I can't wait for tomorrow and surprise her with it, I know she's been waiting for one ever since the promposals started. I went over everything in my head while Kairi watched me over the phone.

"Hold up shes calling me." He hung up before I could even respond.

I just decided to calm down. I don't know why I was nervous, shes my girlfriend.

Next Morning
April 30th

Today was easy for me to get up and get ready. I was out the door in less than 20 minutes. Avery was already on her way to school with Natalie when I got there.

I took everything and put it in my old locker from soccer season and walked out without being noticed. While turning the corner to go to my first period class, I saw Avery. I quickly turned around and walked the other way. Im gonna try to avoid her today.

So far everything was going fine. Until our English class where I obviously couldn't avoid her because we sit next to each other.

"Everyone is so weird today.." She sighed and took out her book.

"You okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine, and sorry again for snapping at you it was uncalled for and really bitchy." I shook it off and waited for this period to be over.

***

Five minutes until the last bell rang and I left class early to go by the main entrance and get everyone ready.

"Kairi you got your kiwi?" Taylor asked him. He held it up like a little kid and got in front of everyone.

"This is the best promposal ever." Vic said, probably because it was related to Harry and I know how much they both love him.

I took out my phone and texted her.

Message to
Avery
meet me in the hallway..

The bell just rang and people immediately stood around and waited for Avery to come by. She didn't take long. I saw phones come out and flashes turn on.

I had Alejandro in the crowd recording her so we could have the perfect video of today.

"Why is everyone recording me?" I heard from around the corner which meant she was almost here.

She saw us and looked so happy. I could see her smile just a little through someone's shoulder before I stepped out with the poster.

'to my only angel i know i'm not harry styles but it would be perfect if you & i went to prom together'

Her mouth dropped and I could see her cheeks get red. She ran up to me and I twirled us around.

"Of course I'd go with you." She said into my neck. Everyone around us was clapping but soon the crowd went away.