19

flashback to the night Mattia first saw Avery

Mattias POV

Me, Kairi, and Alejandro were at our favorite diner just chilling and talking about random stuff. This whole day had gone by so slow.

"I miss having someone to send goodnight texts to." I said breaking the silence at the table.

"You got me baby boy." Kairi blew a kiss to me and I caught it, putting it to my heart.

"I want a girlfriend. This single shit is not cutting it." We got up from the table and started walking home. I didn't even realize it got so late.

"Don't know the hype about relationships. Stay single you get to hoe around." Ale said taking a picture of himself for his snapchat.

"Maybe that's how you feel but I wanna connect with someone. My next relationship is gonna be my last."

Kairi walked up faster and set his phone on the ground to make a tiktok.

"Come do this with me." While making the video, a car almost hit Ale.

"Oooh we got that on video." I said laughing and taking the phone to watch Ale almost die.

We turned the corner to Kairis and Ale's block. There was a moving truck. I guess Kairis new neighbors came today.

"Yo Kairi it's your new neighbor." Ale said to Kairi. We all stopped walking and looked at the tall girl grabbing a box from the truck. She heard Alejandro and turned around to look at us.

woah. She is so beautiful. She has long wavy brown hair and  beautiful long legs.

When she looked at us she made immediate eye contact with me and looked away. She was absolutely stunning.

"I'm going in." I walked over to the girl with Ale and Kairi behind me.

"Hey do you need help?" I asked. She nodded and we all picked out a box to take in.

The whole night we'd been looking at each other but looking away when we make eye contact. I could feel her eyes on me when I would lift a box.

I was starting to introduce myself to this beautiful girl but Alejandro interrupted and told us we had to leave.

Leaving was probably the worst thing ever at this moment. I just wanted to connect with her for a little.

While at Kairi's house, I got a notif from tiktok. 'Avcastano is now following you!'

Must be the girl who just moved in. I clicked on her account and watched a couple videos. She had one up with guy who was a little tan, brown curly hair, and light blue eyes.

Oh man she has a boyfriend. This sucks. I thought I found the one but I guess not.

hey :)

She messaged me. Maybe she doesn't have a boyfriend. I could feel my heart sink and a zoo of butterflies being let out in my stomach.

***

We facetimed the whole night and even made plans for tomorrow to go to the mall. I really hope she's single.

short chapter i know sorry but i'm so sick.