Chapter 148

In Jiangbei City, even if the accumulated water in the city is flooded, many potential dangers appear in the city!

However, because the city has built waterproof dams, floods will not cause much damage to the city, and there is no need to worry about the threat of floods.

However, in Jiangbei City, there are many counties, villages and towns along the Yangtze River, and there are no dams built. In the few days of flooding, the red lights were instantly lit!

Among them, Beishan County is the most serious!

Because Beishan County is not along the river, but there are more rivers running through the entire county, there are three in total!

In previous years, when floods occurred during the rainy season, no matter how the river flooded, it would not have any impact on Beishan County. At most, the water level of the three rivers would rise!

Therefore, Beishan County has not done too many flood control measures, and the dams built are only dams for the three rivers in the region!

However, in the rainy season this year, an accident happened!

Due to the large amount of precipitation in the rainy season this year, the river water rise has already exceeded expectations in previous years, and it has become the year with the highest water level rise in many years!

More importantly, the three rivers actually converge with the Beijiang River. When flooding occurred in previous years, because the irrigation mouth was relatively small, the influx of river water was limited!

However, this year, because the amount of water in the Beijiang River has been so large that it is terrifying, the irrigation mouth has been washed away a lot!

As a result, a large amount of river water poured into the irrigation mouth, causing the water levels of the three rivers to skyrocket again!

Only one day yesterday, the river exceeded the cordon of the dyke in Beishan County. After another night of development, the flood eventually broke through the dam and directly submerged the three bridges in Beishan County and poured into the city!

The heavy rain had been raining all the time, causing trouble to the urban drainage system of the county town, and the flooding in!

Just overnight, Beishan County has become a city of water!

The new urban area is fortunate. Due to the high terrain, the urban drainage system has just been completed, and it is basically high-rise buildings, so it can resist losses.

However, the old city is miserable, not to mention the low terrain, the drainage system has also been aging, and they are still low-rise buildings on the ground floor, and many places are still brick houses!

The flood was like a monstrous beast, completely submerging the old city in an instant!

The whole building was light when flooded, and even more buildings were directly washed out in the flood!

The flood in the old city has reached a depth of nearly 1.5 meters. Many residents can only swim. For some people and children who can’t swim, it is fatal!

At the same time, all villages and towns in Beishan County, except for the county seat of Beishan County, were more seriously affected!

For example, Dongba Town, not far from the county seat of Beishan County, was originally next to a small stream, which was connected to a river in Beishan County!

Originally, this was just a small stream for the residents of Dongba Town to play and play on weekdays. Even when floods broke out in previous years, the water level of the stream would not rise!