☾︎5☽︎

Y/n considered herself lucky to know her death time. What made it even better is that she wasn't alone. Sure with a stranger but at least with someone.

"Life is small and fast right?" She was asking herself more than him.

"But I don't regret any decision I made. Not when I burned the old family book that grandpa worships. He badly beat me after that, until... Dad didn't protect me from him so to get revenge I broke his work laptop into pieces. He lost everything, hehe~ Then he locked me up for a month in the dark and cold basement. Grandma chose the business college for me so I poured all her oldest and beloved sake bottles that she inherited from her parents and collected since her youth... I don't regret it even if she had a heart attack after finding out. You can't imagine what father did after that. She's still alive though! That damn witch."

She sighed and felt better, much better after telling him all of that.

"You really are something, is there anything you even regret? I mean almost killing your gram wasn't enough?" He asks her, pushing even more in her sorrowful past.

"O-only one thing... It was when Bibo my cat had a fever, I put him in the freezer so he could heal faster and then he... He was dead." The girl was almost sobbing, and she heard Gojo laughing out loud.

"I'm-I just can't pfff!" She gives him a sharp glare, narrowing her eyes and blaming herself for telling him that tragic memory. She ordered him to stop immediately then he took a deep breath.

"Okay, okay don't be mad, we all have done bullshit, but you could be a famous veterinarian." He joked and chuckled again. Y/n gave up on his personality as she shook her head and sighed.

"2% is not a 0% after all, so what if I'll survive?" She got back to the subject, and tried to give herself a glimmer of hope.

"Let's see... If you can control your cursed power, you'll be a threat so I have to execute you anyway." He blurted out and her face said it all, she was furiously angry.

"Me a threat!? To who exactly?" She couldn't believe what he said. He really thinks that she will become a wild monster killing anything alive crossing her way.

"I just can't trust curses. Especially not awakeners." He honestly admitted with a damn serious voice at the last sentence.

"But you can make deals with them." She pointed.

"What if I do?" He responded directly without waiting and the atmosphere between them became heavier.

"So, let's make another deal." She got him now, he couldn't oppose himself.
He was waiting patiently for what she had in mind.

"Don't kill me if I control my cursed power." She replayed seriously with shiny and determined eyes full of hope.

"Oh nice look! But It's impossible, and why will I do that in the first place?" He seemed to be interested after seeing that face without even hearing her answer.

"Imagine a strong curse under your instructions. It would make your present less busy instead of your future." There was a devilish smirk on his face that made her doubt herself to keep playing this fatal game.

"Interesting! Maybe you won't be the same person you know." He's really determined to execute her no matter what, at least for now so she had to convince him in any way.

"You said no one survived so how could you know?" Logical questions always win and y/n use it.

"There is something called History~ at school, did you hear about it!? No one survives in our time, but there are stories of successful awakenings in the past." He was annoyed like he didn't want to explain it because it's meaningless to acknowledge a soon dead person.