☾︎62☽︎

Third act ❄︎☘︎ Cold Spring

April first

We used our whole speed to make it in time. Once in the spot I ordered Nobara to evacuate people and help them out as she started exorcizing spirits in the entrance. Megumi chose to stay with her which was a wise decision. As for me and Yuji, we went to the source of corruption and beauty at once.

Because there he was, the hot Nanami fighting mummies? Well, that's pretty strange and I supported his back.

"Hope I'm not late." I said and he ordered me to fight the female mummy. Yuji took care of the child's mummy, it was faster than its parents and very tiny with a big head like a mushroom.

"Are you hurt?" He commanded to focus on the fight.

"Be careful, their bandages are as sharp as knives and poisoned. Later, you'll tell me how I knew about it without being touched. So, analyze each detail from now on." Their bandages literally cut anything, even walls and it stretched for long distances.

"If Nanami isn't harmed, that's all I wish for. But it's so stinky that I can't allow it to touch me." That mummy's family was very annoying as they flew using their bandages to cut everything around to disturb our sight. Then Nobara and Megu came to our rescue to get rid of all the spirits that filled the air here.

Suddenly, the three mummies flew above us relaying their bandages to each other and their energy became dark purple and much stronger after saying "expansion." Nanami yelled to flee with a worried face but it was too late as we got absorbed into their domain. That domain was so strong that my Zolda power took the lead and it was activated as a hunch. If not, I could have been ripped apart by now.

Yet, arms flew in front of my eyes as I glanced back, Nobara's shocked face while looking at her cut limbs was a horrific sight. Megumi's leg was beside him as he trembled with shock and also his waist stabbed. All of this happened in seconds.

Yuji's body was penetrated with several bandages from the small mummy. Yet he grabbed the bandages that penetrated his chest to pull the curse and exorcise it. Yuji then coughed blood and Nanami crashed on my back, his skin's color became blue and got purple scars.

"I knew it was poisoned after being contaminated... There wasn't another way to know about it." He smiled and his palm held my cheek, he lied to me earlier to resume the fight. Everyone crashed down leaving me alone against the storm of bandages.

Nanami lost consciousness and Nobara screamed painfully behind, Megumi and Yuuji coughing blood as their skin color became like Nanami's. I was lost for seconds but immediately snapped out.

"Ryoiki Tenkai, Kogane Jiin." After opening my domain to kill every single curse, I wished to use 'law reverse' All the spirits and humans in the whole area were absorbed into my domain which broke the bandages domain at once. In no time those three sources of trouble were decapitated.

"Heal, heal, heal, heal..." I repeated while touching Nanami and the others as for each hurt person who couldn't evacuate. I steadily kept on healing them as white sparkles flew everywhere. It worked because their shape came back to normal.

"We're fine too!" Yuji said carelessly and Megu punched his head, scolding his foolish fighting style.

"I'm glad you're fine guys- thanks for staying alive... I'm happy really..." Nanami patted my head and the other came closer.

"You did well."

Is it okay to be this happy? Is it fine to feel true heaven on earth? Unlike when I healed Aki, I felt dizzy and like I'm gonna puck. I thought about side effects to this power but expected worse, yet it was only a headache.