Cԋαρƚҽɾ Eιɠԋƚ

Xiao Zhan who was unaware that he had not disconnected the call and that Wang Yibo had listened to their whole conversation, now sat in front of the dressing table, heart burdened by untold sadness and was getting ready for the dinner party.

He did not know how a day had already passed. Time was really flying.

Xiao Zhan sighed. He looked himself at the mirror and tried to hold back his tears. In a while, the Wang's would be here for dinner, he would meet his in – laws for the first time and it would go like a formal meeting. It was not that Xiao Zhan had not dreamt of it, but, he did not expect it to happen so soon. And especially, not with someone whom he did not even recognize properly.

Last night, Xiao Zhan had gone to speak with Madam Yu asking her if there was any way to recall off this alliance but Madam Yu had sternly stayed that it would never happen. He must get married to Wang Yibo even if he disliked it. Xiao Zhan had tried his best to convince her but she had said,

"This marriage would bring great benefits to our family so I cannot let this opportunity go. If you get married to Wang Yibo, we will no longer need to live in this small house. We can move into a bigger one. Also, we will have more than enough money to hold a grand wedding for A-li. Moreover, A-Cheng too will get a successful job in the Wang Corporation. Fengmian will no longer have to work hard and keep earning. All of us could live happily. After all, we have done more than what we could afford to bring you up. Now, it's time for you to pay back for our family. Xiao Zhan, get this into your brain very well, you like it or not, you have to marry Wang Yibo!"

Those words kept repeating in his mind.

'You like it or not, you have to marry Wang Yibo!'

Xiao Zhan could no longer hold back his tears. He looked at his reflection and spoke to himself, tears flowing down his cheek,

"Xiao Zhan, your life is over. No, your life had never begun to be over. You had never lived. Always, you had been used by others for their own purposes and never once had you lived for yourself. It's the same now too. Why are you crying? You must have got used to it by now, mustn't you? Then why are you still crying? Huh?"

Xiao Zhan tried to wipe away his tears but it still kept flowing. Seeing his pitiful sight at the mirror, Xiao Zhan left out a laugh.

"A-Zhan, you look really miserable. So pitiful. Come on, it's time for you to stay strong. Not to be in tears. Finally you are doing something for the Jiang family. Finally getting a chance to pay back the debts that you own them. So you should do it happily. Not like this. So what if your life gets ruined? Shijie and Jiang Cheng can still have a happy life. That's all that matters. Isn't it?

Xiao Zhan, be strong for you are no longer just an omega but the omega of Second Master Wang, Wang Yibo. Hahaha...."

Xiao Zhan tried to laugh but it came more out as a cry. No, a sob. He wept. Harder and harder for he could not bear the pain. The ache in him. It was too much. Too much for his little heart to keep in!

All at once, Xiao Zhan heard a huge commission downstairs, and he guessed that may be the Wang's had already arrived. He tried to bury the heaviness of his heart and sighed, checking if his face looked too gloomy and unpleasant for Madam Yu had ordered that must be looking his best in the presence of his in-laws.

Xiao Zhan knew that he should no longer hide himself in his room and must go downstairs and greet them. But as much as he was obliged to do it, he still could not. At least, a few more minutes, he wanted to stay in the silence of his own room.

Unfortunately, he wasn't allowed to. Jiang Cheng came running in, screaming his name in a whisper,

"Zhan.... Zhan...."

Xiao Zhan turned towards Jiang Cheng and just looked at him with no emotion.

"What are you still doing here? Come downstairs!" Jiang Cheng hissed.

"Mn." Was all Xiao Zhan said before making his way downstairs.

Jiang Cheng was taken aback. He looked at Xiao Zhan disbelievingly. He thought Zhan would whine saying that he didn't want to come downstairs but looking at how obediently Zhan was behaving, Jiang Cheng felt sorry for his brother.

-

"A-Zhan, you are here." Uncle Jiang called out. Xiao Zhan gave Jiang Fengmian a polite smile abd went up to his sister and stood by her, avoiding the fuming eyes of Yu Ziyuan who was angry on him for not coming downstairs sooner.

"Mr. Qiren, this is Xiao Zhan. A-Zhan, greet him." Jiang Fengmian said politely trying to ease the tension.

Xiao Zhan bowed down and greeted him politely. Then he turned towards Wang Xichen, who looked similar to Wang Yibo and eyed him carefully. Wang Xichen smiled at him and said, "Wang Xichen. Yibo's elder brother." Xiao Zhan returned his polite smile with a bow and welcomed them in his best behaviour. For once, Yu Ziyuan was satisfied with him.

"We are really happy that Second Master Wang had intended to marry our A-Zhan. We are really honoured." Fengmian stated.

And thus went on, such formal conversations which Xiao Zhan did not seemed to be interested in. Instead, he diverted his attention towards Wang Yibo who hadn't spoken much since he arrived and had only been giving polite nods.

Xiao Zhan had always appreciated beauty and so with one single glance he could say that Wang Yibo was looking ethereal. His sight was breath taking. Xiao Zhan had never seen such an handsome alpha as Wang Yibo before.

Despite all the heaviness in his heart which had burdened him earlier, just admiring the beauty of Yibo made him feel something that he could not put into words and unknowing to him, Xiao Zhan smiled!