Cԋαρƚҽɾ Nιɳҽ

Xiao Zhan did not pay any little attention to their conversation and just kept on admiring Wang Yibo, when Wang Xichen called out to him and said,

"Zhan, why don't you sit beside Yibo? We are giub to be a family soon so you don't have to be so formal."

"eh..." Xiao Zhan hesitated.

"A-Zhan, go..." Jiang Yanli beckoned him.

It wasn't that Xiao Zhan was shy as everyone thought but it was just that... he did not want to sit close to Yibo who was after all an alpha. Even that day, at the restaurant, Xiao Zhan had been afraid to sit alone with Yibo but somehow he had managed to keep his mind occupied with Yibo's beauty and was distracted. But now, although he wasn't alone with Yibo and had his family around, he didn't know why but he felt uneasy.

May be that day, at the restaurant, thinking that it was just a dare would have calmed his mind but now knowing that Yibo was going to be his alpha and that there was no change in it, must have been making him feel fear in him.

Xiao Zhan tried to calm down his breathing, staggered up to Wang Yibo and took a seat beside him.

-

Wang Yibo could not express his happiness bubbling in him just hearing his brother asking Xiao Zhan to sit beside him. He was in heavens. Wang Yibo held his breath when he smelled Zhan's omega scent beside him. It was sweet and intoxicating. Perfectly suiting Xiao Zhan!

Wang Yibo tried to hide his blush that credit up his spine and focused on Zhan's scent when felt something strange. He could feel Xiao Zhan flinching beside him, most probably trying to keep a distance between them and he could smell some sort of uneasiness on his scent. Yibo narrowed his eyes. Why was Zhan feeling uneasy?

Wang Yibo, concerned about Zhan, inched closer to him and asked in a whisper,

"Are you alright?"

Xiao Zhan, who felt a hot breath on his neck, froze in place. He wasn't expecting Yibo to actually speak with him then. Xiao Zhan realized may be he had been fiddling with himself too much that Yibo must have come to know of his uneasiness so he whispered back, trying to sound calm,

"Y...yeah... OK..." Xiao Zhan said turning towards Yibo only to find Yibo being so close to him.

Xiao Zhan stiffened. His breath hitched. He soon turned away his head but it was too late firchys scent said it all to Wang Yibo.

Wang Yibo felt a throbbing pain on his heart when he smelled how Zhan's scent had changed realising that he was close to him. Yibo tried to cover up his hurt and moved away from Zhan as if nothing had happened.

Xiao Zhan tried not to concentrate on Yibo and looked around the hall, for a distraction.

"Xiao Zhan," Mr. Wang called out to him, "Soon you will be a part of the Wang family and will be the centre of attention in the media so you must be on the best behaviours in public."

Xiao Zhan sighed. It was true. He would be the centre of attention soon once he was announced as the omega of Second Master Wang. As much as Xiao Zhan would like to be famous, but he did not want it to be like this.

"Xiao Zhan?" Mr. Wang called out to him again and that's when he realised, he still hadn't answered him.

"It's my honour to be a part of the Wang family and I would do anything to preserve it."

"Mmm..." Wang Qiren hummed in satisfaction and turned towards Jiang Fengmian and asked,

"Is the day for the wedding planned?"

Xiao Zhan's breath hitched just hearing it and he looked at Uncle Jiang confused.

Jiang Fengmian smiled politely and answered.

"Yes, the Sunday is an auspicious day. It would be a great day for the wedding."

"Uncl..." Xiao Zhan tried to speak but Madam Yu glared at him making him shut.

"Alright then. Its final. Let's hold the wedding on next Sunday!"

Tears welled up on Zhan's eyes but he tried to blink it away and kept himself strong. He did not want to be seen vulnerable in front of so many eyes.

Wang Yibo, understanding Xiao Zhan and knowing that Xiao Zhan would feel better of he could have some air, cleared his throat and said,

"I would like to have some fresh air. Xiao Zhan, would you like to accompany me?"

"A-Zhan, accompany Second Master Wang to the garden." Jiang Fegmian said in his polite tone but it was an order and Xiao Zhan knew it well.

So obediently, Xiao Zhan got up from his seat, held Wang Yibo by his arm and led him out, into the garden, tears flowing down his cheek with how life was playing with him!