Cԋαρƚҽɾ Sιxƚҽҽɳ

𝑶𝒏 𝑻𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒅𝒂𝒚

"Xiao Zhan...! Wake up!" Jiang Cheng yelled throwing away his blanket from him.

"Jiang Cheng.... Let me sleep...." Xiao Zhan groaned nuzzling his head onto the pillow, blocking light hitting his eyes.

"Sleep? Are you even on your senses? You just have two more days left for the wedding. If you keep sleeping, when are we going to do the shopping?"

Xiao Zhan sprang his eyes wide open. Why does Jiang Cheng have to remind him about his wedding so early in the morning?

"Xiao Zhan, are you even listening to me?"

Xiao Zhan sat up on his bed, yawning.

"Get your ass out of the bed before mom comes fuming. Get ready fast. We gotta leave soon."

With that said, Jiang Cheng left.

Xiao Zhan looked at the retreating figure of Jiang Cheng and sighed to himself. 'Death was easier than a marriage!'

Xiao Zhan had a quick shower for he could hear Madam Yu's scream from the downstairs, got himself ready and ran downstairs.

"Xiao Zhan, what took you so long?" Madam Yu spat.

"Sorry, I just... got late to wake up." Xiao Zhan apologized.

"You have to change that habit of yours before the marriage. I don't want to hear any complaints from Mr. Wang. Do you get it?"

"Yes." Xiao Zhan stated.

"Ziyuan," Uncle Jiang said walking down the stairs, "A-Zhan is getting married. He is not being prisoned. He can be the way how he likes after marriage. You don't have to tell him anything."

"I was just wondering why I still couldn't hear you shouting at me. Is he so important..."

Jiang Yanli knew that if she did not stop her parents now, their whole day would be ruined so she interrupted her mother,

"Mother, we lack time for the wedding so we cannot waste. Let's put aside all the unnecessary talks and get to work. Huh?"

"What work? Don't you think that I will be working for that one's wedding. Do you?" Madam Yu asked pointing at Xiao Zhan.

"I..." Jiang Yanli was speechless.

"We don't need anyone's help in anything." Jiang Fengmian said, "We can take care of everything on our own. After all, there is nothing much left for us to do. Second Master Wang is taking care of everything."

"Even if Wang Yibo did not take care of anything, I still wouldn't have done anything."

Saying so, Yu Ziyuan left the dining room.

"Let's have the breakfast." Jiang Fengmian said with a smile trying to ease the tension.

"Mn." Both Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli nodded avd sat with their father around the table fir the breakfast.

"Zhan, come on." Jiang Fengmian called him.

But Xiao Zhan just stood there, motionless. Being called again, Xiao Zhan said,

"I am not hungry. You guys can continue. I will eat later." Not waiting for anyone's reply, Xiao Zhan ran upstairs and locked himself in his room.

He fell on the floor and let his tears slip away for he could no longer keep it in.

Xiao Zhan knew that Madam Yu had never liked him but he could not help but think of her as his own mother. He had always liked her since the beginning. Her words just now, were very painful. He just sympathized himself for being an orphan.

If he had his own family, they would be with him right now asking what and what not he wanted for the marriage. Inquiring him how he wanted his marriage to be. And so on.

But now, since he was an orphan, he had no one to ask him such. Although he was glad that the Jiang's hadn't burdened themselves with his silly wishes he still could not help but be sad thinking no one really cared for his feelings and dreams. He just could comprehend his miserable feelings that he felt right now.

For the first time, ever since he came to know of this marriage, Xiao Zhan felt grateful to Yibo for he had taken the marriage preparations upon himself and did not trouble his family with it. Xiao Zhan did not know why but he had the urge to show his gratitude to Yibo.

-

Wang Yibo was having breakfast with his pm brother when phone vibrated in his pocket. Yibo took his phone out, unlocked it and showed to his brother,

"Have I received any messages?"

Wang Xichen looked at the phone and was almost going to spit out his food when Yibo repeated the question again.

"Yeah..." he dragged.

"Who is it?"

"Eh.... Xiao Zhan..." Wang Xichen said as of he couldn't believe his own words.

"Xiao Zhan?!" Wang Yibo exclaimed.

"Yes."

And then, Wang Xichen clicked on the message. Wang Yibo swore that he could not believe his ears and for a moment thought that he was hearing things when he heard Xiao Zhan's voice echo into the silent kitchen,

'Thank you'

"What is he thanking you for?" Xichen questioned.

Wang Yibo indicated that he did not know and sent a message back, 'Welcome' not bothering to ask why Zhan was thanking him in the first place. But he knew very well that Xiao Zhan with how much he hates him, will not thank him without a valid reason and would not want to speak out that reason either. So he chose not to question any deeper and was glad that Zhan at least had wanted to speak to him for some reason.

-

Xiao Zhan wasn't expecting Wang Yibo to reply so soon and when he received the message, fie the first time, he wasn't annoyed with Yibo's voice!

Unknowing to him, a smile crept his face!

In a blink of an eye, Xiao Zhan's day had already passed and it was almost midnight when he came back home swearing that it was one of the best day out with his Siblings together and was a little dejected thinking of he would get another day like this ever again after his marriage. 

Xiao Zhan sighed when he was finally on his bed thinking, 

'Two more days for the wedding!'