Cԋαρƚҽɾ Sҽʋҽɳƚყ Tԋɾҽҽ

"D....da....dad.....!" Zhan cried, not believing his own eyes!

"A-Zhan!" Xiao Xingchen, Xiao Zhan's father, cried back.

"Baby....!" Papa Xiao cried and lunged towards Zhan, taking him into his embrace.

"Baby... how have you been? I am so sorry for not coming back to you. I am so sorry. I swear I would never leave you again."

Xiao Zhan was not in a state to take in his father's words. All that he could think was his father! His father was with him now! Alive!

"Dad!" He sobbed, hugging his father tighter, not wanting to let go.

It was surreal for Xiao Zhan. A dream! And he never would want to wake up from this dream. It felt like he was home. It just felt like he had found a treasure. It was just like a dejavu!

"Dad!" Xiao Zhan could not comprehend any other words. He could not think for any other words. He wanted to ask a lot. His mind was filled with questions but right now, he just couldn't get them out. He just wanted to dwell on this moment forever!

"Baby..." Xiao Xingchen cried and kissed Zhan's forehead. He had missed him so much. His little baby boy!

"Baby, did you miss me? Have you ever missed me?" Xiao Xingchen questioned within tears.

Oh my goodness! How much Xiao Zhan had missed him! Just thinking of it now made Zhan weep harder. He could not say anything and shook his head hard, indicating that he had missed his parents very much!

During his childhood, he was always envious of his friends for having parents. He had always stated at some parents when they dropped them off at school. At some point, Zhan had been jealous of Jiang Cheng too. He just wished, he too had someone, to hold him just like the way other parents did. Although he had Uncle Jiang, it still felt different from having a mother and a father. And although he never complained about it to anyone, he still wished that things could have been different.

Now that he had his father with him, alive, he just did not know what he was supposed to think.

"Whe...where were you?" Zhan asked, looking up at his father.

"I was always around you. Even though you had never seen me, I had always been around you watching you grow up."

"You...you were there with... me?"

"Yes, my sweetheart. I had always been there with you. I do not know if you remember the tragic incident that fell upon our family but your mother was killed on that day. I too was badly injured. I was almost dying. All thanks to some old men who passed us, saved me. They treated my wounds and saved my life. When I got better, I searched for you everywhere. But you were not anywhere to be found. I thought... I thought you were dead. I thought I had lost you too. But I did not give up hope. I kept on searching for you and almost two years later, I found you. Living happily with the Jiang's. I initially thought of getting you back from them but then I chose not to. It was safer for you to live with them than with me. If they found that I was still alive, then they would come to kill me again. Along with you too."

Xiao Zhan was very confused by his father's words.

"Ki...kill you? Who?" He asked.

"The Wang's."

"Wan... What?!" Zhan yelled. What was his father saying?

"Yes. The Wang's would kill me if they come to that I am still alive."

"Wang's? Yo... you mean...." Xiao Zhan felt like his head was spinning.

"Yes. Your husband's family. Jiang Fengmian agreed to help me for he knew Wang Qiren personally before. He too had some things to be settled with that old bastard. So we joined hands to seek revenge on that Wang family."

Xiao Zhan let go of his father and fell back on to the wall. He could not think straight. He could not believe his own ears. The Wang's had killed his mother?!

A tear rolled down his cheek. He did not say anything for he could not say anything! He just stared blankly at his father.

Xiao Xingchen continued,

"That Wang Qiren ruined my happiness. He killed my wife and made me lose you. Then, I decided that, no matter what happens, I will make him feel the pain that he made me feel. I swore to my dead wife that, I will kill every one of his family member one by one by making him feel the pain and agony just the way I felt. I would no let go of him for him what he did."

Xiao Xingchen stopped and inhaled sharply. He drew a proud smile on his face and said, "Finally, God opened his eyes on me. He gave me a nice opportunity and I used it to the utmost. I set up a plan and killed your husband's mother and your husband lost his eye sight in that accident. May be your husband losing his eye sight was a gift that go's gave to me. It wasn't part of my plan at all. Hahaha....."

Xiao Zhan was thunderstruck by his father's words. He was dumbfounded. His heart felt so heavy as of something had fallen on it.

His father... his father had been the reason behind Yibo's mother's death! His father had been the reason for Yibo's sadness! His father had been the reason behind the tragedy that fell upon the Wang family! His father had been the reason for everything!

He pulled his father by collar, shook him hard and cried, "Why did you do that? Why did you kill Yibo's mother?! Why?!" Zhan screamed at the top of his lungs.

"I already told you why." Xiao Xingchen said. "To pay back for what they did for us!"

"You are lying!" Zhan roared. "They could never do such a thing. They are very good people. Uncle Wang had never mistreated me ever since I stepped into their house. They had always taken care of me. They had always treasured me. Never once, had they did anything to hurt me. They had always been there for me whenever I needed a family ever since the marriage. They had accepted me with whole hearts. They love me as their own family! How could you do such a thing for them? How?!" Zhan cried.

"Good?" Xiao Xingchen mocked. "They are not that good people as you say. They are just pretending to be good. One day, sooner or later, you will see their true colors."

"Shut up!" Zhan hissed, closing his ears tightly,, not wanting to hear any more of this nonsense. "Just shut up. You have no rights to speak ill of my family!"

"Your family?! Who is your family! I am your family. Uncle Jiang is your family. His children are your family. But, your husband and his relatives, they could never be your family. They are murderers! They are traitors! Their ruined our happiness!"

Xiao Zhan could not say anything. He just sobbed hard hugging himself. Why was his life always turned out to be a mess?! Just last night, he had consummated his marriage with Yibo abs he thought that his life was going to change just the way he'd dreamt it to be. But now, it had turned out be ever worse! Just why?!

"A-Zhan," Xiao Xingchen said, "I know how you feel right now. And I am sorry for it. I am sorry for getting you involved in all this. I wanted to keep you out of all this but when Jiang Fengmian said that Wang Yibo had sent you a marriage proposal, I just could not help it and wanted to make use of this chance. I wanted to grab this opportunity and kill the entire Wang family! I am so sorry for what you are going through. I know you love them but now, it's time for you to waje up from your dream.. Its time to accept the reality. It is time time to accept the truth!"

Xiao Zhan clenched his eyes shut! He just wanted to bury himself alive for what his father had done!

"A-Zhan, listen carefully to me now. There is something that you have to do."

"I? What?" Zhan asked confused in a low voice.

"You have to kill Wang Xichen!"

"What?!" Zhan cried.

"Yes. You have to kill Wang Xichen for your mother. Destroying the Wang family is the only way to make her soul rest in peace. I hope you understand!"