Cԋαρƚҽɾ Eιɠԋƚყ Nιɳҽ

Xiao Zhan was frustrated to death. His phone kept on ringing. And he knew that it was Jiang Cheng. He really did not want to speak to anyone right now.

But then his phone beeped. As expected, it was a message from Jiang Cheng. It read; 'Wishing you a very happy birthday and splendid year ahead!'

Xiao Zhan looked at the clock, it was sharp twelve! It was his birthday today!

Xiao Zhan typed a 'thank you' and a heart emoji to Jiang Cheng and scrolled up to Yibo's contact to see if he was still online.

'What the heck?!' Zhan cried to himself. Yibo was not only offline but he had come online only two days back.

Zhan could feel some kind of pain rising in him but he ignored it. He could feel his tears brimming but he ignored it too. He ignored all that he was feeling just how Yibo had ignored him too, once he had gone London. Zhan thought that Yibo would be busy and that was the only reason for him not to speak to him and thought that Yibo would be the first to wish him on his birthday. But...

Zhan held back his tears and looked down at his phone, when it beeped again. And it was a message from Jiang Yanli, which read, 'There is no need for a special day to remind me how special you are and important in my life. The stars shine wherever you go. Happy birthday, my all!'

'Thank you jie....' He sent back.

Zhan had always been excited on his birthday. He had never slept the whole night for he knew his family and friends would wish him sharp at twelve. He was always eager to see who would message first. They always had a competition in that. But today, he wasn't excited at all. He wasn't feeling the way how he always felt whenever his birthday came.

Zhan checked for Yibo's contact again, seeing if he had come online at least to wish him. But what was he expecting? Yibo was offline and who knows what he was doing!

Yibo had rung him only three times since he had left. And every time he rang, they would keep speaking for hours. Hours and hours that they would loose the track of time. But last two days, he had not rung him once nor had he sent him any messages. Zhan was nervous but when he had inquired about Yibo from Xichen, he had said that Yibo was tied up with a client and would not be able to speak much with him. When Zhan had asked when Yibo would return Xichen had said that he was not sure. Zhan's pained look must have been obvious because Xichen told him not to think much and that Yibo would find out a way to come back sooner. Zhan had nodded and had not asked anymore.

Zhan could not ignore his pain and hurt anymore. Neither his tears. He could feel himself drowning in the loneliness without Yibo. He could feel himself sinking into the pain and hurt that Yibo had gifted him on his birthday!

Zhan clenched his eyes shut, not wanting to think anymore. His phone was beeping non stop and notifications kept popping up on his phone. He really had no mood to read any of those messages but he did not want to be rude to his friends either. At least, they value him and he should respect it, unlike Yibo who must have been immersed in some shitty phone calls now!

First, was a message from Xichen, 'May this birthday brings you a lot of smile to your face, happiness to your heart and many blessings to your whole life. Happy birthday!'

Zhan gave a bitter laugh at that. He was already crying just at the start of his birthday! How could the rest of the year be happy to him?!

The next was from Yu Ziyuan, 'Happy birthday, my son. May all your birthday wishes come true. Except, the illegal ones.' Zhan sighed reading it. He did not wish for anything else except Yibo. That was his only birthday wish and he hoped that Yibo would remember him soon.

Wen Ning had wished him, 'On your special day, I wish you to be happy and cheerful! May your eyes be filled with happiness, your heart be filled with love, your mind with new ideas, and your life with success and exciting adventures.'

His heart was just filled with pain! Not love! It wasn't filled with happiness but sadness! It was filled with misery and he was forlorn!

Nie Huisang too had wished him and Zhan already knew that it would be something funny. 'Blood is thicker than water. Birthday cake is sweeter than either. Happy birthday!'

As expected!

Lots of messages were down below but Zhan was too tired to scroll down below. He threw away the phone to the other end of the bed and slumped down. His face was tear stained already. He had been expecting his birthday so much but he did not even think that he would crying within just few seconds since the clock ticked twelve! Life was really.....

Zhan tried to stop his tears and got up from the bed, intending to wash his face in the washroom. But no sooner had he taken two steps, his phone beeped again. But this time it was not the usual tone and it was the tone that Zhan had set up especially for Yibo and only for Yibo.

Zhan's heart thundered and for a minute, he thought, he was dreaming! Zhan could hear his heart beat on his ears and he assumed that it could be heard all around the room too.

Zhan ran towards the phone and fished it, from the corner. He soon unlocked it and as expected abs obvious, it was from his husband, his alpha, Wang Yibo!

Zhan opened the voice message and held his phone closer to his ear, not wanting to miss out anything. Yibo's voice pierced through the silent room and into his heart.

He says, 'Happy birthday, baby.'

Zhan's heart froze. What? Just that?!

Zhan replayed the voice message again and again to check if he had heard it wrong. But unfortunately and his mere disappointment, the message contained only that. No matter how many times he replayed, the message said, his Yibo said, 'Happy birthday, baby.'

That was it and that was all!

Zhan fell down on the floor, rested his head on the bed and let the tears flow freely.

He was really hurt, dejected, despondent, miserable, forlorn, sad, depressed and crestfallen on his birthday! And the sole reason for it was none other than his alpha, his husband, his love, Wang Yibo!