Cԋαρƚҽɾ Fιϝƚყ Nιɳҽ

"Xichen ge, please. It's not a time for joke. Please tell me who had helped Meng Yao with all this. Is he someone whom I recognize?" Zhan asked.

 "Yes. It is someone who you recognise well. Who you think as your saviour. Who you think has saved your life. Who had been pretending to be good all these time. Who had deceived you well and had been using you for his own benefits. It's none other than your uncle. Jiang Fengmian!"

"Xichen Ge.... What... what you saying?" Zhan stuttered.

"I am saying the truth."

"You must have misunderstood."

"No, we are not. Yibo this was the one who found out about all this."

"There must be a misunderstanding for sure. Uncle can never do such a thing for me. It's impossible!"

"I know that you wouldn't believe this but with time you will understand."

"And with time you will be proven wrong. My uncle is innocent."

Ignoring Zhan's words, Xichen said,

 "I have said all that I have to say. It's in your hands now. Believing and not believing is up to you." Xichen said, giving up in trying to convince Zhan.

Xiao Zhan ignored Xichen's words and asked,

"What about Meng Yao's heat? It looked natural and didn't look like he was faking it."

"He had taken pills to get into heat." Xichen replied.

"No wonder." Zhan commented.

A long silence prevailed. Neither of them said anything. Both of them were immersed in their own thoughts. They did not know how long it had been and the silence only broke when Zhan asked, in a low voice,

"Xi...Xichen Ge... Then...."

"What?" Xichen asked narrowing his eyes at Zhan's emotional face.

"What... What does the... ma... mark on Yibo mean?"

"Eh...."

"It's clearly not just a mark. It seems more like a mating mark. Xi...Xichen Ge.... What...."

Xiao Zhan could not continue anymore for he could not get those words out. His tears rolled down his cheek afraid that Xichen would say something that he would have never wanted to hear.

"Zhan, calm down." Xichen said running up to him and handing him a glass of water.

"Breathe in..."

May be Xichen had sensed his discomfort in breathing. Xiao Zhan did as asked. But he found it hard for his head was spinning. He just could not think of it.

"Zhan, please.... Relax.... I am sure nothing would have gone wrong."

Xichen said trying to convince Zhan although he wasn't convinced himself.

"Did... Did Yibo say something about that?"

"I could not get a proper opportunity to talk about this with Yibo. Since his return, Meng Yao had been around Yibo almost every time. May be he believes that his plan has worked. May be he thinks that he and Yibo have really mated. So he attaches himself to Yibo, not wanting Yibo to lose interest in him."

"Then... What he thinks is true?" Zhan asked, trying to wipe away his tears.

"I... I don't know..." Xichen said, looking down. He could not see the pained eyes of Zhan.

"How could you not know? You are his brother. Yibo will never hide things from you." Zhan said, sniffling.

"Yibo never hides things from me but I do not know why but I feel that Yibo is hiding something from me since you guys have returned. I tried talking to him but I think he purposely ignored me by showing his phone indicating that Meng Yao would be listening. He always keeps the phone with him and I think it's because he is trying to avoid everyone. But I don't know why he would do that."

"So.... Something has really happened between them. Huh?" Zhan asked, every single word stabbing deep inside him. His heart!

"Zhan, at the moment, I can tell you only this. Even of someth....something has happened between them... I.... I am sure that Yi...yibo wouldn't have meant it...."

Xichen stuttered for he found very hard to get those words out. It pained him to think Yibo mating with someone else when he loved sincerely Zhan as much as he could remember. Xichen knew that his brother would rather kill himself than mate with anyone else other than Zhan. But if something had really happened between Meng Yao and Wang Yibo, then it meant that, Yibo had done it for Zhan. Only for Zhan. For Zhan's life could be at risk if Yibo triggered Meng Yao!

"Shut up...! Shut up...!" Zhan yelled.

He closed his ears tightly, not wanting to hear anymore. He did not want to hear anymore!

"I know my Yibo. He will never do such a thing to me. My Yibo only loves me! No matter what, he would never betray me! Yibo is mine. Only mine!"

Zhan yelled on the top of his lungs and still holding his ear closed, he ran out of the room. Xichen tried to stop him but chose not to for he thought Zhan would need his own space and time to think through things clearly.

Wang Xichen sighed. He seriously hoped that whatever Zhan had said just now, should be true. He did not want Yibo to be mated with someone else!

*****

Hope you enjoyed the update. 

I kindly request to not to jump into conclusions already thinking that Yibo is already mated with Meng Yao. I will try to update soon but please be patient. Next chapter will contain a heated and heart wrenching conversation between Yibo and Zhan so please stay tuned. The truth will be revealed then regarding Yibo's mark. 

And I kindly request you guys not to leave any harsh comments. Please...!