Cԋαρƚҽɾ Sιxƚყ Sιx

Finally done freshening up and getting dressed, Yibo kissed Zhan on his forehead and made his way downstairs fishing his phone from the bedside table. He had an important work to do.

"Xue Yang." Yibo called upon reaching downstairs.

"Good morning, Yibo." Wang Xichen said.

It was the Yibo realized Xichen was also downstairs.

"Good morning, brother. Where is Xue Yang?"

"He might be outside. Why?"

"I have to tell him an important thing. Could you please ring him? I have switched off my phone."

Xichen understood that it was something very important so he said, "Yeah sure. Wait a sec." And then he rang Xue Yang.

Wang Yibo heard Xichen say to Xue Yang over the phone, 'Yibo wants to talk to you'.

"Second Master Wang." Xue Yang came running in. "Did you call me?"

"Yes, take a seat." Yibo indicated the sofa acrosee him.

And then he began, "Xue Yang, I want you to help me with something."

"I would help you with anything. What is it?"

"Here, my phone." Yibo handed Xue Yang his phone, saying, "I have switched it off. Its still seven in the morning and as far as I know, Meng Yao would be still asleep so he wouldn't have checked for any of our speech yet. I have switched off my phone since last night and before Meng Yao wakes up, we have to switch the phone back on or else Meng Yao would something suspicious."

"Second Master Wang, what do you want me to do?" Xue Yang asked.

"I want you to destroy the sim and dispose the phone somewhere far away. Remember to switch on the phone before disposing it so Meng Yao wouldn't get suspicious."

"Yibo, I do not get you. If dispose the phone, for sure Meng Yao would come asking you that he could not reach you when he tried calling you. Wouldn't it arose his suspicion?" Xichen questioned.

"He would come inquiring about the phone for sure. I will tell him that it got lost and when I tried to tried to trace its location, it showed that the sim was no longer available. I will tell him that it seemed stolen and the sim was destroyed in order to not get caught. He would believe it. I know him well."

"Are you sure?" Xichen asked again.

"Yes. I am very sure. Just because of this useless chip, I cannot destroy my life with Zhan. I cannot ruin my own life. I will not let it happen."

"Second Master Wang, I'll do as you asked. Is there anything else or shall I get going?" Xue Yang asked.

"Yeah, could you help me investigate Meng Yao's family and background? I want to know what he had been doing before he joined our company and all the necessary information. I specifically want information all about his friends. And could you please assign someone to keep a close eye on Meng Yao? I need daily update on every one his single action. Could you?"

"I will. I will get everything done by today." Xue Yang said.

"Yibo, what do you mean by all this?" Xichen asked confused.

"Brother, I just feel like Meng Yao is just the tip of the deep iceberg. I don't think he just wants to have me. There is more into this than we have thought."

"But.... He had been with us for almost two years now. He had never done anything that would put us in a problem. I just feel like you are overthinking it. Meng Yao loves you but your marriage has ruined his dreams. May be he is doing all this just to have you."