Cԋαρƚҽɾ Eιɠԋƚყ Tɯσ

"Wang Yibo, stop this right now!" Zhan grunted.

"All these time, I kept shut. Just for you! I knew you would nor want this to happen, I knew it would hurt you to see this happen and that was the only reason why I let go of him for so long. If kit, he would have already been rotting in jail!" Yibo said, pointing at Fengmian.

"What the heck are you speaking?! I am tired of being polite to people like you!" Fengmian yelled.

"I am too tired of being polite to people like you!" Yibo said back.

Xiao Zhan knew that things were getting out of control, so he turned to the police officer and said, "Officer, I have nothing to charge against my uncle. We are sorry for wasting your time. Please go back."

"But I have evidence against him and I need you to arrest him!" Wang Yibo argued, indirectly with Xiao Zhan.

"Shut the fuck up, Wang Yibo!" Zhan cried on the top of his lungs.

Ignoring his husband, Yibo said,

"Xue Yang, play the recording."

"Sure." Came Xue Yang's reply.

"Xue Yang! You better not listen to him!" Zhan roared.

"I am sorry, Master Xiao."

"Xue Yang!" Zhan yelled but he was too late. Xue Yang had already played the recording.

-

"Do you think once you kill Zhan, you can replace him in Yibo's life?"Meng Yao's voice pierced through Xue Yang's phone.

"A-Yao," Jiang Fengmian's voice came too, "You have to be calm and think through things clearly. If I had not come in time, you would have already been caught by Wang Yibo and you would be laying dead at this minute. Please, I don't want to lose you. Please be calm and patient."

"How long should I be patient?" Meng Yao's grunting could be heard over the phone. "Until that Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan start a family together? Or should I still keep being patient even after that?"

"I have done something that even if Wang Yibo wanted to have a family of their own with Xiao Zhan, he will not have it for Zhan will no longer want to have a family with Yibo." Fengmian said.

"I set up someone who would act as Zhan's father. I had to spend a lot for his plastic surgery but at last, he really looked like Zhan's father. There were still some light differences but Zhan couldn't recognize it, as he had already forgotten what his father looked like." Jiang Fengmian said.

"But, why?" Meng Yao's confused voice came through.

"Well, I took him to Zhan and made him sat all that I wanted him to say. He told Zhan that, 'Wang Qiren killed Zhan's mother and that he wanted to destroy the whole Wang family to let their mother rest in peace.""

"A-Yao, thinking that he is taking revenge for his late mother, Zhan will try to harm the Wang family and especially kill Wang Xichen. If he did that or try to do that, he will surely get caught. Even if he did not get caught, we will do something to make him get caught. What do you think will happen then?"

"Wait! I get it now!" Meng Yao's gakd voice pierced through the silent hall. "Since Zhan thinks that the, Wang's killed his mother, he will be filled with hatred and will automatically come to hate Wang Yibo. And when he gets caught in killing Wang Xichen, Yibo will automatically come to hate Zhan. So, even if they love each other, at that minute, both of them will let go of their feelings and let their heart be filled with hatred. And that will be when I enter Yibo's life, in the name of comforting and gradually, onto his bed! Wow! Dad, you are really clever! I am so happy to get you as my father!"

"Of course, sweet heart, your happiness matters more than anything else."

And with that, the recording ended.

Listening to the evidence, both Jiang Fengmian's and Meng Yao's face paled. They knew that there was no way out, now.

Xiao Zhan, who had been standing by Jiang Fengmian, slowly moved away from him. He could not believe his own ears. He thought that Fengmian kidnapped him to take revenge on the Wang family. Never once did he think that... Jiang Fengmian had just lied to him to thrown him out of the Wang house! Never once did he think that Jiang Fengmian had used him and had wanted to ruin his life.

Xiao Zhan moved closer to Yibo and held his habd tight. He could feel his whole body trembling.

"Are you alright?" Yibo asked.

"I...." Zhan did not know what he was supposed to say. He just squeezed his husband's hand tight.

"It's alright. I am here for you." Yibo assured him. And that was enough to break down Zhan into tears. He did not know who else was betraying him behind his back but he knew for sure that his husband, Wang Yibo, would never leave his, side!

"Yibo, this is nonsense! You cannot believe this! You have to trust me!" Meng Yao cried.

"I too want to trust you but, I have no reason to trust you anymore!"

"Yibo! How could you say this to me! I have been with you for fucking two years! Don't you believe me?!"

"No, I don't." Yibo stated shortly, disgusted t talk with his so called 'best friend'.

But before Meng Yao could say anything else, Xichen said, "Meng Yao, there is no point in arguing anymore. We have solid evidence against you. Moreover, we already discovered the chip that you placed on Yibo's phone. So we too planted the same chop on your phone and that's how we got this much information you and your father. You don't have to pretend anymore and even if you do, no one is going to believe you either."

"What?!" Meng Yao's face turned white.

"Alright then. Let's not waste anymore time. Second Master Wang, please hand in over the evidence you've got to the police by evening. We will take them under custody now." The police officer said.

He then turned towards Jiang Fengmian and Me g Yao and said,

"Jiang Fengmian, Meng Yao, you two are under arrest!"

"No!" Meng Yao yelled.

"A-Zhan, say something. Why are you quiet?! I have been taking care of you for all these years. Please show some mercy!" Fengmian pleaded.

Xiao Zhan was a mess with tears. He just could not accept the fact that his uncle has just used him! His father was not alive! His parents were still dead! He was just used against his own weakness!

Xiao Zhan clenched his eyes shut for his head was spinning. Xiao Zhan was trying to ground himself when Madam Yu cried, "A-Zhan!"

Xiao Zhan was startled at that tone but then when he saw the worried look on Yu Ziyuan's face he realised that something was wrong. He was confused and that's when he heard Jiang Yanli cry, "A-Zhan!"

Suspecting that something was wrong, Zhan asked, "What is it?"

Something dripped down his face. Wei WuXian wiped at it with his hand and came away with a handful of scarlet. Blood continued to trickle down his nose and onto the ground, accompanying the ringing in his head and the spots in his vision.

A searing pain started ringing in Zhan's head. At last, his body could no longer sustain itself. Like a flame extinguished, his eyes closed and his head dropped. Noticing the sudden weight on his shoulder, Yibo immediately withdrew his attention from Fengmian and Meng Yao and caught Zhan in his arms.

"Zhan!" He yelled. But it was too late, Zhan had already fell unconscious on him!