Cԋαρƚҽɾ Eιɠԋƚყ Eιɠԋƚ

"I am very sorry to tell you that I won't be able to be here with you for your birthday. I have to go to London to meet a client. I will be by next week!" Yibo said.

"What?" Zhan asked, as if he had heard it wrong.

"Yeah. I have to go to London to meet a client so I won't be here for your birthday. I am sorry!" Yibo repeated.

"Stop joking around. It's not at all funny. Come on, let's sleep. You can continue your work tomorrow." Zhan said, dragging Yibo into the room only for him to be stopped by Yibo.

"I am serious."

"What serious?" Zhan asked, totally forgetting what Yibo had said few seconds ago.

"I am not lying. I am saying the truth. I won't be here with you for your birthday."

"Why?" Zhan asked again but this time, very serious, for he could see the serious expression on Yibo's face.

"I have to meet a client in London."

"Simply to say, work?"

"Yes."

Zhan inhaled sharply. At first, he thought Yibo was just joking with him but now, looking at Yibo's face, he could see that Yibo wasn't lying. That Yibo was... Saying the truth!

"Yibo, please, I am in no mood for jokes." Zhan very badly wanted Yibo to say that he was just lying and pretending to be serious. That he did not really mean what he said. But... Yibo's expression did not change. It remained the same. Which meant that...

"I am extremely sorry but, I am in no mood for jokes either."

"Wang Yibo," Zhan said, inhaling sharply, trying to ignore the pain that was already arising in him, "I am asking for the last time. Please, I mean it, please, tell me that this is a joke. Please..."

Yibo's heart sank, listening to Zhan's tone. He really wanted to hug his husband and tell that this was just a joke. That he was just playing. But no! He couldn't say that! He had planned a greater surprise for his Zhan! For his omega! And he will not spoil it by himself!

Yibo wanted this birthday to be something special, very special, to be precise! He wanted this birthday to be remembered forever by his husband! Zhan should never forget it nor should he be able to forget it! With great efforts, he had planned all this for his Zhan so now, he will not spoil it.

'I should not spoil it!' Yibo cried to himself.

"I... I am sorry but..."

"But what?!" Zhan yelled.

"I am not lying." Yibo stated simply.

"You are not lying?" Zhan repeated.

"Y...yes." Yibo found it very hard to lie to Zhan.

"And this is not a lie either?" Zhan asked again.

"Yes."

"It means, no...nothing is a li...lie?" Zhan stuttered for his voice shook with unspoken pain and tears welled in his eyes, threatening to fall.

"Ye...yeah..."

"Oh." Zhan said in a very low voice that he hardly heard himself. Finally, he turned around letting his tears flow freely and walked into the room, leaving Yibo behind.

Yibo could feel Zhan's scent get far away from him and he realized that Zhan had gone into the room. Yibo felt his heart break for he was hurting Zhan but.... Yibo sighed and walked into the room, following Zhan behind.

"Angel?" Yibo called out for he could not sense where Zhan was exactly.

There was no response.

"Baby, where are you? Come to me." Yibo called out.

"What for?" Zhan asked from the far end of the bed.

Yibo breathed a sigh of relief. Thankfully, Zhan had not left the room.

"What do you mean 'What for'"? Yibo questioned.

Yibo heard Zhan mutter some incoherent words. "Baby?" He called out again for he did not receive any reply.

"Wang Yibo," Zhan said, "Good night." Zhan's voice trembled in the end but he tried to cover it under a slight cough. He did not want Yibo to realize that he was crying for he simply valued his work more than him!

"No, please! We gotta talk this through." Yibo said, walking up to the bed, and taking a seat on it. He stretched his hand around to get a trace of Zhan and gladly, he took a hold of Zhan. He moved closer to Zhan and lied down beside him, taking Zhan into his embrace. Zhan wrestled to get fee but Yibo did not let go.

"Baby, please. Listen to me." Yibo cried trying to hold Zhan in his grasp.

"Fuck off!" Zhan hissed in tears.

"No baby, please. Let me explain to you."

"To the heck with your explanation!"

"Angel, if you don't listen to me, how can I make things better?"

"You explain me or not, that doesn't change anything! You are fucking leaving me alone on my birthday and that's it! There is no need for any explanation to justify your leaving!"

"I too don't want to leave you but it is necessary."

"So who asked you to stay back? You are free to go!"

"I know that you want me to stay with you."

Zhan gave a bitter laugh. "When did I even say that? I don't remember such a thing. Moreover, my wishes does not mean anything. It means nothing!"

Zhan sobbed. His wishes and dreams meant nothing to Yibo!

"It means everything to me. And I swear that, I wil make your dreams come true!" Yibo said, kissing Zhan's forehead.

Zhan's breath hitched hearing it. He turned towards Yibo and took Yibo's face in his hand.

"I don't want you to make my dreams come true. I just want you to stay with me on my birthday. That would be my biggest dream come true!"

"Alright."

"Alright?!" Zhan cried in disbelief.

"Yes."

"You will stay with me here on my birthday?!"

"Yes."

"You will not go to London then?"

"I will go."

"Then?" Zhan asked confused and his sadness returning again.

"Baby, I know that you trust me. So please, trust me now too. I promise that I would not let you down."

"But..."

Yibo wiped away Zhan's tears and kissed him on his lips. "No but's! Understood?"

"You will seriously be he with me on my birthday?"

"Yes."

"Wang Yibo, if you don't come back to me on my b, I will bite you and rip you apart. Don't you dare forget it!" Zhan said, smacking him.

"Okay, I wouldn't forget it. And now, you should no longer be sad, alright?"

"That depends on you!" Zhan replied and then attached his lips with Yibo's, pulling him to a deep kiss.