Cԋαρƚҽɾ Eιɠԋƚყ

"A-Zhan, how are you? I am so sorry, I could not come to see you. How are you doing sweetheart? Are you alright?" Jiang Fengmian cried, running to him.

Zhan stiffened when he saw his uncle get closer to him and held his breath, hoping that he would not come too close to him. And unexpected to him, before Jiang Fengmian could come, hug him, Yibo stretched out his hand, blocking Zhan from his uncle.

With how Zhan clutched his shirt and how Fengmian's voice came closer to them, Yibo realized that Zhan did not want his uncle to be close to him and neither did he wish to let Fengmian close to Zhan so he stretched out his hand and said in a cold tone,

"He is doing good, no thanks to you."

"Wang Yibo, I understand of you are angry with me for not visiting A-Zhan. But, you have no rights to keep him away from me." Fengmian retorted.

"You have no rights to come close to him." Yibo replied, maintaining his cold demeanour.

"Who are..." Fengmian was cut off short.

"I am sorry for being late. Did I miss anything?" Came a stern yet a familiar voice out of nowhere and when they all turned around, finally they saw Madam Yu, come in through the doorway with a few policemen trailing behind her.

"You came at the right time." Xichen replied.

"That's good then." She then eyed everyone and all around and finally her eyes landed on Xiao Zhan, who was hiding behind his husband.

"Ziyuan," Jiang Fengmian said, "What are you doing here?"

"Why, can I not visit my children?" She snarled.

"Of course you can. But why are you bringing police with you?"

"Who else do you want me to bring?" She spat and without giving him anymore attention, she turned towards others.

Xiao Zhan tried to keep his gaze down, not wanting to meet Yu Ziyuan's eyes, which he knew would be glaring daggers at him. Zhan could see Yu Ziyuan walking towards him and he tried to hide behind Wang Yibo as much as he could. He clutched onto Yibo's shirt, trying to keep himself grounded.

Yu Ziyuan walked up to him, ignoring her husband who was confused to the core and when she saw how Zhan was trying to become invincible, her expression softened. Her heart melted. This was her fault! Zhan was so scared of her because she had never been gentle to him. She either hurt him by her words or her actions. Never once had she made him happy.

Yi Ziyuan clenched her eyes shut, trying to blink away her tears. She then looked at Zhan one last time before bringing up her shaky hand and placing it on his head, giving him a gentle pat.

Xiao Zhan flinched when he felt Ziyuan's hand on him. He clutched Yibo's shirt harder as if he was seeking help. But when Yu Ziyuan did not hit him or scold him and when she just continued patting and ruffling his hair, he was shocked. He was astonished to death. He whipped his, head up to look into her eyes only to see that it was filled with tears. His eyes widened. He could not believe his own eyes. Was Madam Yu.....

"Ma...madam Yu." Zhan called out hesitatedly.

Yu Ziyuan gave him a bitter smile, a smile that was mixed with both happiness and sadness, and then she asked,

"How are you doing? Are you taking your medicines on time? Do your injuries still pain?"

Zhan's breath hitched when he heard Madam Yu's words. Was she really inquiring him about his health?

Zhan looked at Yibo who wasn't looking surprised as if he was surprised and for once, he thought, that he was dreaming. He inched closer to Yibo and muttered on his ear, "Kiss me."

"You are not dreaming." Yibo said out loudly, as of he had already read Zhan's mind.

"Huh? But..."

Looking at Zhan's silly behaviour, Yu Ziyuan pinched his cheeks. "There, I proved you. You are not dreaming." She said.

"Then... You...." Zhan fought his tears back but he could not get out his words.

Looking at the surprised and pained expression on Zhan, Yu Ziyuan sighed. She cursed herself for being the way how she was, cold and assertive. She was a natural at sneering and frequently vented her rage on her family. Jiang Cheng's bad temper was compared to hers.

She took Zhan's hand in hers, held it close and tight, and said, sincerely,

"A-Zhan, I am so sorry. I am so sorry for every thing that I had done to you. I have always mistreated you for no reason. I have never cared for you nor loved you. I had always hurt you to the maximum with all I could. I do not know why I did all that. I could not just stand you. I could not see the way how you were better than A-Cheng and A-Li in every way. I am so sorry. I am not asking you to forgive me I am just trying to explain myself. But, I will be really glad if you could forgive me and give me one last chance to rectify my mistakes. To love you, to care for you, to protect you and especially to.. To be your mother. Xiao Zhan, I... I know that I don't deserve this but I sincerely hope that you would accept me as your mother and let me fulfill my responsibilities towards you. Will you?"

"I...." Zhan was lost for words. He was rendered speechless by Yu Ziyuan's words. He never thought there could such a side of hers. He never thought Madam Yu would ever speak to him like this. He had always considered her as his mother but never once had he expected for Madam Yu to act as the mother. And now that it was really happening, he just could not know what he was supposed to do. How he was supposed to react or what he was supposed to say! He was just... Confused, overwhelmed, happy and.... In tears!

"Mad...madam Yu, I... I don't kn...know what to say..." he sobbed.

"You don't have to say anything. If you accept me as your mother and is ready to give me a chance to rectify my mistakes, then... Then just call me mother once. That's enough."

"Mother...!" Zhan cried and lunged towards Yu Ziyuan, pulling her into a tight embrace and drying his heart out.

"A-Zhan!" Yu Ziyuan hugged back, letting her tears flow down.

"Mother...." Zhan sobbed harder.

"A-Zhan, I am so sorry for everything. And I promise you, I will never hurt you again."

Everyone witnessing this scene had tears in their eyes. It was so heart-breaking! Jiang Yanli and Jiang Cheng were very happy with this sudden change on their mother. They felt happy for Zhan.

They did not know how long they stayed in each other's embrace but it was a king time later that they did pull out. Yu Ziyuan wiped away Zhan's tears and said,

"I am regretting all that I did for you except... Forcing you to marry Wang Yibo. I am so happy that I made you marry him or else, even now, I would have never understood the value of my life and children. I still would not have understood what I have missed in my life. I am so happy that I made you marry him or else, your life would have never changed into better."

"Yi..yibo spoke to you?" Zhan asked, feeling his heart feel something unknown. It was something beyond love.

"Yes, he came to me and spoke to me for long hours. He made me realise my mistakes and made me see the worth of my life, my children and everything. He made me realise what real happiness is. A-Zhan, although I have never considered you as my child, now, in front of your whole family, I swear to you that, from now on, you are too my son. You are also equal as A-Li and A-Cheng. You also mean to me as much as they mean to me. Alright?"

Xiao Zhan was speechless and his jaw was hanging open. Seeing his unbelievable look, she kissed his forehead, and giggled. Her heart was really feeling so much better after she spoke all that she had bottled up!

From now on, her life would change into something much better with three kids around.

Zhan did not know how he was supposed to react and he just hugged Yu Ziyuan again feeling her warmth creep into his body.

Jiang Fengmian had taken care of him for so long but never once had he said that Zhan was his child. He was Zhan's father. But now....

Xiao Zhan was on cloud nine for now he was no longer an orphan and had a mother who would live him!