Fictional Crushes

Ugh...

Monika slowly opened her eyes. Her head was throbbing and she felt like she could vomit at anytime.

The last thing she could remember was standing in the hallways of the school she attended. Now she found herself in a classroom. The room was barely lit by the moon light that seeped in through the boarded windows. Desks were turned over and everything was covered in a thick layer of dust. 

"Isn't this the abandoned school building?"

She tried to move but found herself unable to. Her hands and feet were bound to a creaky chair.

Stuck in a barely lit classroom after waking up from a painful dark experience...

Monika wasn't sure whether she should groan or laugh over this blatantly ironic situation. She didn't have long to reminisce about the past however.

She could hear the sound of footsteps echo throughout the building. Each one was louder than the next and filled her with curiosity.

A figure soon walked through the open doorway. They were wearing a school uniform similar to hers and had distinct male proportions. But that was all she could say to describe him. There was truly nothing else she could say.

"You're finally awake, Monika."

Monika simply stared at the person in front of her. He was giddy as a school kid and looked like he was close to jumping up and down in joy.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"Me?" The stranger thrust his arms out as if he was about to make a grand declaration. "I am the long,  lost half of your coin: Nese!"

Monika blankly stared at him.

"Nese... The long lost side of your coin?" he weakly repeated.

"I'm sorry... I don't really know anyone by that name."

"President of the Supernatural Studies Club?"

Monika shook her head.

"I left letters in your locker."

"I don't mean sound egotistical, but I kinda get an exaggerated amount of those."

"Come on! Nese!" he desperately shouted.

"Nese... Nese..."

Monika contemplated that name. She thought about the events that occurred over the course of this semester so far.

Oh... Nese. He's the student Mali scared off so this reality's Literature Club could have a club room.

This realization allowed Monika to have a better understanding of her predicament.

I thought him and his obsession with the other me was a one-time thing, but he seems to have decided to make a very scary play.

...And I just happen to be the Monika who got caught up in it. Kidnapped and the irony of this situation... I think I may be suffering universal retribution right now...

"Hello?"

Monika looked up at Nese. He looked genuinely confused like he didn't understand why anyone would remain silent in this situation.

"So, Nese... Do you happen to know how I ended up here?"

Though she already knew he was responsible, she wanted to hear how he would answer.

"I brought you here so you wouldn't be stolen away from me," he explained.

"Excuse me?"

"Ever since I lost my club to a little demon girl..."