Natsuki's Royal Rumble Log Number 4

So, the finals were something. There was some pre-fight banter, Sayori convinced me to do a pose a character called Roxas did and Xemnas was wielding to red foam bats. He called them Ethereal Blades, but I couldn't see them as anything but red bats. It was kind of hard to take seriously since I had no idea what he was talking about.

Anyway, we soon got into the fight and I could see why he was currently king. His combos were fierce, he was pretty fast and if I didn't have two Keyblades, I would have had a tougher time guarding against his attacks. The first part of the match was mostly me guarding blows and I was eventually caught in a blade lock. Unfortunately for him, that gave me an opportunity to push him back. He was clearly surprised by the fact that I was slowly overpowering him, giving me the chance to break the lock and begin an impressive combo of my own.

I could go on and on about how the fight went from there, but that would make for a boring read. To give an idea though, just imagine two people emulating an animated fight scene as much as humanly possible. A lot of guarding, weapons bouncing off each other and the flow of battle constantly shifting. Plus, the guy was making a lot of comments that may be quotes from the character he's cosplaying as, but they still somehow annoyed me.

We eventually ended up in another blade lock, except this time, I was right at the edge of the ring. Maybe it was fatigue, but I was having a harder winning this one than the last one. I was getting pushed back, little by little, and I didn't do anything soon, I would lose. So, I did the only thing I thought I could do... I dropped by Keyblades and quickly grabbed his "Ethereal Blades". Once again taking advantage of his surprise, I spun us around, forcing him to the edge of the ring. I then let go of his bats, dropping him straight out of the ring.

What happened next was very surreal to me. I was shocked that my strategy actually worked and then suddenly everyone was cheering at my victory. It was weird, but nice at the same time. Though the moment was kind of ruined by Xemnas having a villainous breakdown. I don't know why, but I bothered to listen to what he was saying.

Apparently, he was fought hard through this tournament as kid only to have victory slip away at the final moment by a kid who constantly scratched his right cheek like he was confused or something. The moment I heard that I looked up at Shujinkou and looked back at the fallen king. I figured it was best not to draw attention to him or else he would get involved in past drama he may not even remember that well. Also, apparently the way he lost was a major sore spot for him since, Shujinkou apparently pulled something similar in the past.

This guy thought I would be an easy opponent to defeat, forced me in this tournament and he's a complete stranger. Plus, I find his motivation for how he was acting pretty weak; it wasn't even close to being considered a childhood trauma. Naturally, I tore into him for his behavior, but I also tried to help him get over himself. Don't really know why I even bothered; guess I just felt like being the bigger person.

Anyway, I was crowned royalty and I could finally do what I really wanted to do since I got here. I returned to where I was originally and was shocked that there was no longer a line. It didn't take me long to realize that the entire Royal Rumble thing caused me to miss my chance meet Harumi. Naturally, I was ticked off and no winning the right to be queen of something could make me feel better then.